Review: Dare You To

Title: Dare You To

Author: Katie McGarry

Series: Pushing the Limits #2

Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, New Adult, Chic Lit

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Publication Date: May 28, 2013

Pages: 304 Pages

My Rating: 10 Stars (out of 5)


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....


  I remember when I read Pushing the Limits a few days ago, I said to myself, "This book is perfect! No book can ever beat this." But then this book! This book is perfection and more!

  To be honest, at first, I seriously couldn't think of a way of how this book might be better than Pushing the Limits. It didn't help that I hated Beth during the first book either. But then I got to meet Ryan and this new version of Beth, and I was hooked.

  Beth and Ryan both came from problematic families, and I was able to relate to and connect with not only Beth, but also Ryan all throughout the novel. We may not have the same situations, but the feelings are the same. This book has the ability to connect with readers, making us experience whatever is happening inside the book, so it's all the more powerful.

 In this book, Katie McGarry created a new world for me - a world where I felt I belonged. A world  that made me feel I wasn't alone in carrying my problems. My feelings were on a roller coaster ride the whole time, and I grieved and learned to move on along with the characters. This is the most amazing and therapeutic book that I have ever read!

  Katie McGarry, words cant describe how truly amazing and talented you are! I swear, I would never miss a book written by you!


“I hold the bottle out into the rain and watch as the steady flow slowly fills it. When there is enough, enough that Beth can clearly see, I close the bottle and hand it to her.

She raises a skeptical eyebrow, but accepts the bottle.

"It's our rain Beth."

Her head barely shakes to show her confusion while I rub the back of my neck and search for my courage. "I told you I loved you in this rain and when you doubt my words, I want you to look at this bottle.” 
“I like you. I. Like. You. I'll admit you're annoying. Sometimes you agitate me to the brink of insanity, but you can throw it back at me like no one else. When you laugh, I want to laugh. When you smile, I want to smile. Hell, I want to be the one to make you smile.” 
“That must be love: when everything else in the world could implode and you wouldn't care as long as you had that one person standing beside you.”



Labels: , , , , ,