Waiting on Wednesday + Wishlist Wednesday

6:10 PM


Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.


  Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.
When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.




  Ever since reading Anna and the French Kiss, I've wanted to have a copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door, but havent had the opportunity to buy a copy yet :(

 Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

You Might Also Like

24 thoughts

  1. Splintered sounds so good, I keep coming across positive reviews! Seems like a good book to be waiting on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. I haven't even gotten around to Anna and the French Kiss :$ It sounds great and I've been told it is too, but just haven't gotten my hands on it! I've read some great things about Splintered :)

    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo Splintered should hopefully arrive soon - really loooking forward to reading it too!
    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve the cover and sound of Lola and the boy nextdoor. Oppisites attract. They seem so different. Will have to check it out.

    I have yet to read Altered but it is on my Wishlist.

    Have a great day
    My WW

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Altered & Splintered both books look very good!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I can't wait to read Altered and Splintered either!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I'm pretty psyched for Altered and will be reading it very soon. I hope I love it! And yes, Splintered is also a great pick.

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want splintered sooooooooo bad! I'm on the fence about Altered though.

    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both Altered and Splintered are AMAZING! I loved Altered more though :P It's my favourite 2013 debut so far and I think it's gonna stay there!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved ANNA and LOLA! In fact, I may even have loved LOLA a bit more -- she's a terrific character! I've been wanting to check out Splintered too. Enjoy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I forgot about this one! And everyone said it was really good too! I'm going to add it to my wishlist right now!

    Hope you get it soon!
    -Sonnie (My WW)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 of these are amazing! I hope you enjoy them!

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the sound of Altered and I'd love to get my hands on it soon. I'm looking forward to it. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading both your picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must say, I LOVE your blog name! Just amazing. :)


    My WOW

    ~Lynette @ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm more interested in Altered, it something right up my alley. As for Lola, I haven't read it either. I always keep pushing it, but I have to read it before Isla comes out later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Splintered was so good! Read it ASAP!

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely looking forward to Splintered, too! I mean, I have it, but I haven't read it yet :)) but I look forward to the day I will :D Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Faye @ The Social Potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Altered is freakin' AMAAAAAZING! One of my favourites. It's action packed, and so unpredictable! Loved it.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Splintered out from the library, and have Altered on request, so obviously I love your choices! I hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to read the first two, and OH MY GOSH I LOVE LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think all these books are on my list.

    I have started Lola and the Boy Next Door before, but just couldn't get into it. Anna and the French Kiss was FANTASTIC though (read that in a day)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Splintered has been on my wishlist for a while, I love the whole idea about Alice's descendant going into Wonderland. Also heard quite a bit about Altered and Stephanie Perkins! I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss before but I have heard only positive reviews about it so that's on my wishlist too haha. Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky for you, both of these are out already! I wasn't crazy in love with either, but tons of people are. Hope you join that group!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice picks! I've read mixed reviews for Altered, but most seem to love Splintered.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe