Waiting on Wednesday

7:22 PM


Harriet Manners knows a lot of things.

She knows that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear, a "jiffy" lasts 1/100th of a second, and the average person laughs 15 times per day. What she isn't quite so sure about is why nobody at school seems to like her very much. So when she's spotted by a top model agent, Harriet grabs the chance to reinvent herself. Even if it means stealing her Best Friend's dream, incurring the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly humiliating herself in front of the impossibly handsome supermodel Nick. Even if it means lying to the people she loves.

As Harriet veers from one couture disaster to the next with the help of her overly enthusiastic father and her uber-geeky stalker, Toby, she begins to realise that the world of fashion doesn't seem to like her any more than the real world did.

And as her old life starts to fall apart, the question is: will Harriet be able to transform herself before she ruins everything?



Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment. After years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.


You Might Also Like

21 thoughts

  1. Both of these are on my list! But especially The Distance Between Us. I absolutely adored Kasie West's Pivot Point and it definitely showed that she could rock a good contemporary as well... and that cover is amazing!! Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these look so fabulous. I adored Pivot Point so I'm more excited for The Distance Between Us but I've been seeing some great reviews for Geek Girl so I'm eager for that one as well. Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these books sound really good! Geek Girl sounds like a really great read. Nice picks!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really wanting The Distance Between Us! Such a great pick.

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited for The Distance Between Us since I loved Pivot Point so much! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks! I love the cover of The Distance Between Us (I have it saved as my WoW later on haha)

    Here's my WoW at Bookmunchies and feel free to check out our giveaway (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. The distance between us is my waiting list too. Great pick! I can't wait to read it. Contemporary seems to be my favorite genre this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for The Distance Between Us. It looks super cute.

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin'Los Libros
    (New Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geek Girl sounds like so much fun! I hope you get to enjoy both your picks soon. Thanks for stopping by my wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those two books are awesome! Geek Girl sounds amazing and after reading Pivot Point, I can't wait to pick up The Distance Between Us!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Distance Between Us is going to be one of my upcoming WoW posts. I cannot wait for it, especially since I really liked Pivot Point.

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got an arc of Geek Girl that I really need to get around to. And The Distance Between Us is one I'm also waiting on :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these books are on my wishlist! Geek Girl sounds like an adorable and fun read, I had no idea Kasie West had another book releasing this year other than Pivot Point until recently so very excited for The Distance Between Us! Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not entirely into contemporaries, but Geek Girls sounds like a cute, summer read!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I got the ARC for this from Netgalley. I haven't read it yet (It's next on my list, though). GREAT picket!


    Here’s my WoW this week!

    Michelle :)

    Author, PODs available June 4th
    Visit Me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these picks - I'd like to read both of them! Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geek Girl was a definite favorite of mine, hope you enjoy it as well! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Geek girl looks like a fun read, I love the cover. Thanks for stopping in!
    Cricket@LittleLibraryMuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geek Girl sounds awesome and so does The Distance Between Us! I LOVE both those covers! So wonderful! These are definitely going on my TBR! :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier. Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Distance Between Us looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely want to read The Distance Between Us! <3
    Beth | YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe