Follow & Feature Fridays

6:18 PM


What is a book you didn’t like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn’t popular?


 My friends all loved The Mortal Instruments, but I stopped in the middle of the third book because I just couldn't stand it anymore. Sorry for the Mortal Instrument lovers out there (I know there are many) but the book is just not for me. And it's rare that I find anyone who has the same opinion as I do. :) Also, I got really really bored with Fallen, though there are quite a bunch who says otherwise. Another no-no for me was Delirium. I couldn't even get past the first 10 chapters! Sorry lovers.:)

  I loved The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman, though none of my friends know about it. Also, Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry is my favorite now. I know that book is really popular, but among my friends, no one knows about it, so I keep pestering them to read the book. *wink wink*

You Might Also Like

15 thoughts

  1. I agree with Fallen, I own and have read all four but that was so I could know what happened. It got a bit silly towards the end. I am however a Mortal Instruments lover :) I have a friend who usually loves the same books I do but she hated Delirium and I loved that haha. I was shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm your new GFC follower through #FF
    this is my link http://novelstheywroteormoviestheymade.blogspot.com/
    hope you'll follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhh, I know what you mean. I could not get through Fallen at all! As for the Mortal Instruments... let's just say that they're a pretty big joke amongst me and my godsister.

    New follower via GFC.

    Check out my FF:
    http://happy-in-between.blogspot.ca/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower :) New to FF
    I haven't read Mortal instrument yet - but was a fan of Fallen, but only after the first book. First one was kinda lame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved Mortal Instruments, but it's not for everyone.

    My FF

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    Follower as of last week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. New follower! I'm a big TMI fan - the third book was my favorite, but I do think that the series should have stopped after book 3.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping through & new follower. It took me a while to read TMI, but I did end up liking it, and I agree with you about Fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Pushing the Limits on my TBR list and hopefully I will get to it a little sooner! With Mortal Instruments, I love the first three. I felt like that should have been the end of that story. The forth is like a completely different story and feel with the same characters. I also hated Fallen!
    New Follower
    ~Ashley
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I read the first Mortal Instruments book and just haven't been able to pick it back up.

    New follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my FF! I haven't read any of those yet but I have heard Pushing the Limit is good and it is on my TBR. I like the name of your blog, represents 2 of my favorite books :-)

    New Follower!

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love The Mortal Instruments, Fallen, and Delirium :D I haven't yet read the ones you listed that you loved. Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell asleep during Fallen. xD It was just so boring! I haven't read Delirium and probably won't in the future, because it just doesn't sound like my kind of book. :P

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't do The Mortal Instruments either.

    New follower.

    Ashley
    booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not read The Mortal Instruments books, I read Fallen a while ago but I've not read the rest of the series.
    I'm a new GFC follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog! its so pretty :D
    Here is the link to my feature follow; please follow me!:
    http://soulfictionreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/03/my-first-feature-follow.html
    - Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe