Waiitng on Wednesday

1:26 PM

A marriage of convenience has never been like this.

Just before her eighteenth birthday, the doctors tell Emily she has three months to live. Not much time to complete the bucket list she's had since she was twelve. The first item is the hardest--"Get married"--so she turns to the only man she knows who can help.

Paul, a barely reformed bad boy, has inherited a fortune from his mother, but his life is defined by his conflicted relationship with his father--a white-collar, organized-crime boss who, thanks to Paul, is being brought up on federal charges. Without Emily's testimony, his father might walk, so Paul agrees to her unconventional proposal. He'll be her husband for her last three months.

They agree that she'll testify against his father and he'll help her complete her bucket list. It's not supposed to be a true marriage. No consummation. No future. No love.

She's supposed to die, after all, and love might not be enough


--------------

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationships never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.

You Might Also Like

29 thoughts

  1. Both of these sound really good *goes off to add to Goodreads list*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of Breathe. They both sound interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The cover of Breathe is really neat and pretty, isnt it? :)

      Delete
  3. These sound really good. I have to keep my eyes open for both of them. Great picks.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read Breathe by Abby Glines... Great picks! I hope you enjoy reading both of them!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome choices! Breathe sounds fantastic! I love the concept of listed. Hopefully they are good books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both sound really good, but I think I'm more interested in Breathe! It sounds great :D

    Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by,
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Breathe!!! I really need to read that book ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these ones look really great! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    My WOW.

    ~ Lynette @ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listed sounds amazing and it has such a pretty cover! I'll keep an eye out for it. Breathe is a lovely story, I loved that book! Hope you enjoy it once you read it. :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never heard of these books before, but I'm interested in them now. I'll have to check them out. sakrdpijdvf Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen Listed on a few lists, and Amazon is promoting too! Looks amazing ;)
    New follower!! <3
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    The Reading Vixens!
    Vixen's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously love discovering new books through these memes and I haven't heard of either of these but they both sound like solid contemporaries. I still want to read Abbi Glines' The Vincent Boys (hopefully soon) so I can get a taste for her writing. I have heard good things about her books in general though. Great picks, thanks for sharing!!

    my WoW

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOA! That first one sounds crazy! I can't decide if I'm disgusted, or if I HAVE to read it!? It's like "that show" or "that soap opera" you know you watch but you'd NEVER admit you actually watch! Right!? I have to share this with Rach! Great share! Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Listed is not for me, but I've heard good things about Breathe! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of Listed and I really like it. Definitely adding it to my tbr. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never read an Abbi Glines book, although a lot of my friends love her work. I may have to check that one out. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first I've seen of Listed, and it definitely sounds rather sad. Abbi Glines has a lot of books out that everyone is raving about so Breathe will probably be just as good as the others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the sound of book one, I always enjoy marriage of convenience story lines. thanks for sharing My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Listed sounds like the type of book I would love! I'm always intrigued by marriage of convenience stories and giving it a NA contemporary feel adds a different twist to the old stereotype. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choices! I think Listed sounds amazing, even though I'm sure it'll be sad. And you can never go wrong with Abbi Glines!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  21. Listed sounds great but heartbreaking! If she lives at the end then I'll read it! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Listed sounds good, but familiar. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two interesting wow picks. I will have to check them out. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great picks this week! Both of them look really good :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW post this week!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe