Waiting on Wednesday

7:34 PM



Abby Barnes had a plan. The Plan. She'd go to Northwestern, major in journalism, and land a job at a national newspaper, all before she turned twenty-two. But one tiny choice—taking a drama class her senior year of high school—changed all that. Now, on the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Abby is stuck on a Hollywood movie set, miles from where she wants to be, wishing she could rewind her life. The next morning, she's in a dorm room at Yale, with no memory of how she got there. Overnight, it's as if her past has been rewritten.

With the help of Caitlin, her science-savvy BFF, Abby discovers that this new reality is the result of a cosmic collision of parallel universes that has Abby living an alternate version of her life. And not only that: Abby's life changes every time her parallel self makes a new choice. Meanwhile, her parallel is living out Abby's senior year of high school and falling for someone Abby's never even met.

As she struggles to navigate her ever-shifting existence, forced to live out the consequences of a path she didn't choose, Abby must let go of the Plan and learn to focus on the present, without losing sight of who she is, the boy who might just be her soul mate, and the destiny that's finally within reach.


------------------


Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. Her parents are divorcing, her boyfriend Nick has grown distant, and her physics teacher has it in for her. When she's betrayed by the two people she trusts most, Josie thinks things can't get worse.

Until she starts having dreams about a girl named Jo. Every night at the same time—3:59 a.m.

Jo's life is everything Josie wants: she's popular, her parents are happily married, and Nick adores her. It all seems real, but they're just dreams, right? Josie thinks so, until she wakes one night to a shadowy image of herself in the bedroom mirror – Jo.

Josie and Jo realize that they are doppelgängers living in parallel universes that overlap every twelve hours at exactly 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to jump through the portal and switch places for a day.

But Jo’s world is far from perfect. Not only is Nick not Jo's boyfriend, he hates her. Jo's mom is missing, possibly insane. And at night, shadowy creatures feed on human flesh.

By the end of the day, Josie is desperate to return to her own life. But there’s a problem: Jo has sealed the portal, trapping Josie in this dangerous world. Can she figure out a way home before it’s too late?

From master of suspense Gretchen McNeil comes a riveting and deliciously eerie story about the lives we wish we had – and how they just might kill you.

You Might Also Like

20 thoughts

  1. 3.59 sounds creepy, so I won't be reading that at midnight! I have an eARC of Parallel to get around to and I totally agree that it looks amazing! :)

    Come Check Out My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh these sound really interesting!! Definitely going to have to look these up.

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of both of these so have added them straight to my wishlist, Great picks!!

    Here is my WoW!

    I'm a new follower by GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for 3:59, since I have never been disappointed by Gretchen McNeil. Parallel sounds so good and original.Great picks!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, I have to say, Harper has some amazing titles coming out! Parallel looks fantastic and so does McNeil's new book!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read parallel, it sounds so good. Great choices
    Cricket@Little Library Muse

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you get the ARC for The Boyfriend App? :O btw thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this parallel world theme. I'll definitely be adding both books to my list. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Parallel has a great premise, I'm very interested in seeing if it will be executed as the parallel worlds thing isn't the easiest to write. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these books! They seem equivalent to me after reading each of their blurbs! They have the same concept of parallel life. OMG, I just can't wait to read these books!

    By the way, thanks for dropping by! I also notice you're a Filipino too! *waves*

    Von
    Mr. Book Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound great! I'm definitely adding these to my TBR! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by! Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen Parallel around a lot and it sounds interesting and so does 3:59! I'm going to keep an eye out for both. :D

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I'm really exited about 3:59, I lover Grtchen McNeils other books and it soundes pretty creepy. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parallel sounds amazing! Love the cover too! Will have to add this one to my list! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah, I have Parallel coming up soon and can't wait to read it. It does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was looking so forward to Parallel, but so far it's only got negative reviews :( So I'm not too sure on whether I'll get it or not :L

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both books seems amazing :D I really hope you will love them both. <3 Thank you for sharing ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both books I'm excited for too! Love Gretchen McNeil and Parallel sounds amazing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post! Sorry for such a late response.

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these sound exciting. Thanks for stopping by our WOW

    Nat

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe