Review: Losing It

Title: Losing It

Author: Cora Carmack

Series: Losing It #1

Genre: Romance, New Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Chic Lit, Humor

Publisher: Ebury

Publication Date: October 15, 2012

Pages: 204 Pages

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


  Virginity.

  Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. (Garrick) She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


   To be honest, between the mixed Goodreads reviews, and people telling me they didn't enjoy it the day I posted it on my Stacking the Shelves, I really wasn't expecting much from this book. So you could probably imagine my surprise when I was smiling/ laughing like an idiot that I probably looked crazy to the poeple who saw me. (I was reading through my phone)


   Bliss Edwards is a 22-year-old virgin in the last semester of college. Kelsey, her best friend, plans to remedy that by bringing her into a club. There, Bliss meets Garrick, and their attraction to each other is undeniable. The two of them then proceeds to Bliss' apartment. When they were both in the middle of it, Bliss chickens out and leaves Garrick naked on her bed. So imagine her surprise the next day, when she finds out that Garrick is her college professor!


   At this point, I was already a laughing/ smiling mess! Bliss' awkwardness is just adorable and highly amusing, especially when she's around Garrick. Garrick, on the other hand, is this sexy and hot guy, complete with the British accent that just makes you want to drool. The book was really entertaining, light, realistic and fun. It's not over dramatic like most books are, and the plot and writing of the book is amazing!


   What I didn't like was that Bliss, after spending only a night with Garrick, confessed to herself that she already liked him. Sure, Garrick is the complete package, but one night? Really? I mean, attraction is alright, but not like. But then again, that might be because I'm a strong non-believer of love at first sight. I'm sorry Losing It, it's not you, it's me. (HAHA!)


   Throughout the whole book, I was kept amused and wanting for more. I couldn't really put down the book for more than a few hours, and it has left me completely satisfied, except maybe the ending. Seriously! ASDFJGIHMG!!! I wanted to see how it would proceed, but then I know that it's for the best. Can't wait to read Cade's story in the next book, Faking It!


   For those of you looking for a fun and light read, you might want to check this out. :)


“Are you waiting for an invitation?” I asked, eyeing him standing carefully outside my door. “Is this the part where you tell me you’re a vampire?” He chuckled. “No, I promise the paleness is only because I’m British.”


“What cat? Oh! MY CAT. The cat… that is mine. Oh, she’s... ” I had said it was a she, right? “She’s fine. All meowing and purring and other cat things.”


“Oh, I burned it with my straightener.” “You burned your leg with your straightener? How long is your leg hair?”


Think of everything we’ve missed.
Every touch and every kiss.
Because we both insist. Resist.


“We want what we can't have. It's human nature.”


“Sometimes, it's the scary things in life that are the most worthwhile.”


Labels: , , , , , , ,