Stacking the Shelves

10:15 AM







Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.

When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.





 Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she's hooked. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So why doesn't he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he's taking in her.

As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.



You Might Also Like

60 thoughts

  1. Hi,
    Cool haul. I haven't read either of these books but they look really good. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got The Almost Girlfriend as well, looking forward to it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of After Eden before but it sounds really good! I'll have to add it to my GR!

    Thanks for stopping by my My Stacking The Shelves

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got accepted for After Eden on netgalley last week (or the week before...) Haven't read it yet, but I'm hoping it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Confessions as well, and hope it's as fun as the first book in the series! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure why I didn't pick Confessions of an Angry Girl up when it was first published. Hmhh.. Anyway, I love the covers for this series! They're simple yet really pretty:-) I hope you enjoy all of your books and thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Confessions of as Angry Girl yet but would love to since it sounds like a cute read. Very nice because the sequel gets similar cover style. After Eden sounds really great! I think I need to add it to my TBR list as well.
    Great haul! I hope you'll enjoy them all =)
    Thank you for visiting and happy reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul, After Eden is on my wishlist so looking forward to hearing what you thought of it. Enjoy your new books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I want to read Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend, I ended up liking the first book more than I expected to. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your books sound brilliant this week. I love the cover of After Eden. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these sound really interesting- I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of either of these but happy reading. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tsuki's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend around a lot todya. I'm definitely interested in that one. Is it part of a series?

    Anyway, enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover of Confessions of An Almost Girlfriend! I've never read the first book before so I can't give you my opinion of it, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Confessions of An Almost Girlfriend sounds really funny! I hope you enjoy them!
    Have a happy reading!

    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
  16. After Eden sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy these two reads!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been wanting to read Confessions of an Angry Girl. Heard that book is amazing. The second one has a great cover! New to me but looks interesting. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to read Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend! The first book was really good. Also I love the cover! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of either of those books, but they both have really pretty covers. Hope you like all of your books :D
    old follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-37_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really looking forward to Almost Girlfriend, I enjoyed the previous book a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG everybody's been getting Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend and now I'm freaking out because I loved the first book SO INSANELY MUCH that I've been hyperventilating ever since *has an episode*

    I hope you lurrvveeee itt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all new to me, but I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend sounds awesome. I haven't read the first book yet though, so I really need to get on that! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just checked out Confessions of an Angry Girl. I've heard a lot of good things. Hope the sequels good. happy reading!
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool haul! I am keeping my eyes on both of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both books looks great. Conf of an Almost Girlfriend is one I have my eye on.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excited for After Eden! Sounds romantic and time-warpy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. CoaAG looks really good! Looking forward to your review of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Almost Girlfriend looks pretty interesting. I've seen it on a lot of lists as well. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow After Eden sounds very interesting! Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    Here's my haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful covers I didn't know these ones, I hope you'll like them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  32. After Eden looks interesting, looking forward to it. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have to say, After Eden looks enticing! I haven't seen it before! I hope you enjoy the books you got! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Confessions of an almost girlfriend sounds pretty intense. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. These both sound really good. I hope you enjoy them. Come and see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I haven't heard of either of those books but that sound interesting. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Everyone seems to be getting Confessions! I haven't read the first book, but maybe I will cave and get it soon so I can start this one! Enjoy!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  38. Almost Girlfriend sounds SO GOOD!! I still need to read her first book which Rachel LOVED! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading.
    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great haul! I need to read the first Confessions book(argh.. I'm so behind on series reading lol)! I hope you enjoy your books Kim! Thanks for stopping by my post :D

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great haul! I haven't read any of them yet. Thanks for commenting on my blog. New GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I was tempted to request Confessions of Almost-Girlfriend but thought better of it, as I didn't enjoy the first book >_<

    Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  42. OOOH These books look and sound amazing. Can't wait to see what you think of them so I may or may not add them to my tbr list! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. I mentioned you on my blog today!

    Happy Reading from Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  43. I loved the cover for Almost Girfriend, but haven't read anything yet about it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sweet haul! Gabby is so excited to start reading Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend. I am very eager to get my hands on a copy of After Eden. Enjoy all that you got this week! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Our STS this week!
    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome that we both got Confessions! I love the cover of After Eden, I wish the description was a little more specific... but hey, I'm curious to hear what you think when you review it :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'd like to read Confessions! Looks really interesting. Thanks for stopping by my StS!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have Confessions as well and enjoyed it. I hope you do too.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have not read either of these, but their covers (I am such a cover judger!) look AMAZING! I hope that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Interesting books. I never heard about After Eden before, but it sounds intriguing. I hope you enjoy them all!
    Thanks for stopping by my STS

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm loving the cover for After Eden and it sounds really good! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  51. Looks like some good reads! I'm not a huge fan of the cover for Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend but the book looks good. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I can't wait to see what you think of these books! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. looks like two great reads this week! I hope you love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for stopping by - here's hoping your new shelf additions are all great reads.

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  55. I've been thinking about picking up Confessions... myself. The premise sounds interesting! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I have Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend to and I am really looking forward to it. I really liked the first book. Enjoy your hiatus and good look with all your college stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great haul. I haven't heard of After Eden so I'll have to look it up. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Haven't heard of any of these, but they all sound like really great reads! I'll be adding them to my ever growing pile of TBR books. xD

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  59. They both sound like interesting books to read. I will definitely be adding those my TBR pile. Enjoy your books! :)

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog.
    Emz @ Icy Cold Reads

    ReplyDelete
  60. After Eden has such an intergalactic cover, it makes my hands itch for what must be inside! I hope you enjoy it. Also, thank-you for stopping by my StS, consider me a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe