Stacking the Shelves

11:51 PM


 
Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


--------------- 


Ben: Having just graduated from high school, Ben is set to leave Gypsum, Nevada. It's good timing since the gypsum mine that is the lifeblood of the area is closing, shutting the whole town down with it. Ben is lucky: he's headed to San Diego, where he's got a track scholarship at the University of California. But his best friends, Pete and Hog Boy, don't have college to look forward to, so to make them happy, Ben goes with them to check out the hot chick parked on the side of Highway 447. 

Lala: She and her Gypsy family earn money by telling fortunes. Some customers choose Tarot cards; others have their palms read. The thousands of people attending the nearby Burning Man festival spend lots of cash--especially as Lala gives uncanny readings. But lately Lala's been questioning whether there might be more to life than her upcoming arranged marriage. And the day she reads Ben's cards is the day that everything changes for her. . . and for him.


CLICK HERE

You Might Also Like

68 thoughts

  1. Burning looks really good! I've heard a lot of good things about Losing It too. I hope that you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to read Burning but I got declines. Sucks to be me. I've read Losing It a couple of months ago and it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing It was okay for me - it's not a favorite per se, but a fun read nonetheless. Enjoy your new books!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sound really interesting. I've had Losing it on my Kindle for a while now and just haven't had the chance to read it. I must pull it out soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that Losing It is pretty good. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard good things about "Losing It". Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of Losing It, I'll have to check that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Burning sounds good. I like the cover too. Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know these books but I hope you'll like them .happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been hearing good things about Losing It. Sounds like you had a wickedly awesome week.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, you got Losing It! I've been looking forward to reading it myself. Hopefully, you'll enjoy reading it Kim! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Books sounds pretty good :) Especially Losing It! Hope you enjoy your new reads

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard a lot about Losing It on goodreads (well from the people I'm friends with) and it's definitely one I want to check out! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Burning sounds really interesting. I love the idea of gypsies and the fact that Burning Man seems to figure prominently. The cover is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Burning to. It sounds like it is going to be good. I've had Losing It forever and I want to find the time to read it so bad. I hope you enjoy. Your memes above look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read Losing it recently and loved it. You can read my review here. I hope you like it too!
    Thanks for stopping by my STS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of either of these, I'll have to look them up. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome books! I keep hearing how fantastic LOSING IT is, and BURNING looks great too.

    Hope you enjoy both :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, you have Losing it! It was a great book. I loved it!
    Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Losing It looks like a ton of fun. It's definitely a book I want to read, hopefully soon. I hope you enjoy all your goodies, and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg, Losing It sounds soooofunny, I'd totally read it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen Losing It around, but not Burning. That one intrigues. Thanks for stopping by my STS.

    brenda (proseandkahn)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome! I have both as well, waiting patiently for me to read. I'm super excited... I've heard great things about both. I hope you enjoy your goodies this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved Losing It & Burning sounds great!

    Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've seen Burning around on a few folks' hauls the past couple of weeks. It looks interesting.

    Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by my StS!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've wanted to read both of these books! I hope you enjoy them and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh lawdy, Losing It sounds REALLY interesting! :D Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I picked up Losing It a few weeks ago too... I heard about it somewhere and it had sounded really interesting!

    Hope you enjoy - happy reading and thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves | Paris Month Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  29. Losing it looks like it will be an enjoyable read!
    My Shelf additions

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've heard great things about Losing It and Burning sounds interesting. Happy reading!
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  31. I JUST finished Losing It. It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Burning sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm not sure if Losing It is NA - it looks and sounds like it, and I haven't had good luck with the genre. Burning is one I'd like to read, though.

    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow Losing It sounds really good - and I don't normally read contemporary!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Losing It is very good - such a funny NA book. Enjoy! :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  36. Whoa, this is the first time I've read the description for Burning---I'm going to have to add that to my to-read list! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've been wanting to read Losing It for a while because I heard it was amazing, hope you enjoy it! And thanks for stopping the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello there! :) Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves post I've heard of Losing It before, and I thinks it's on my TBR list.. Burning is new to me, but it sounds interesting. I might have to check that out.

    teepee @ Little Librocubicularist

    ReplyDelete
  39. aaaaah, just read that you're from the Philippines too :) Hello again!!!

    teepee @ Little Librocubicularist

    ReplyDelete
  40. Losing It sounds really good! Great haul! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  41. Losing It is actually a really great New Adult book! I can't wait to read the next two books. I hope you like Burning! Have fun reading!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Losing It was so... meh to me. :( Hope you like it more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nice haul, hope you enjoy Losing It and Burning! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've had Losing It for awhile, and still haven't found the time to pick it up. Hopefully, it will be a great read. Burning looks interesting. Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both books sound awesome! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both Losing It and Burning looks good. I hope you enjoy them. I am looking forward to reading them myself.
    My STS and IMM: http://thebabblingreader.blogspot.ca/2013/04/in-my-mailbox-6-stacking-shelves-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for stopping by! And both books look awesome! Especially Losing It!! Have fun reading them :)Ahhhh I love meeting Filipino bloggers!! I am also Filipino.

    -New GFC Follower
    My StS/SS
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  48. Losing It is SOOOOO good :) I can't wait to see what you think of it!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my post, I hope you enjoy your books from this week!!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm totally interested in both of these books. I hope you like them (:

    ReplyDelete
  50. Burning looks so good! And that cover...so pretty! Hope you enjoy them both :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  51. The blurb for Losing It makes me laugh (in a good way), it must be a really interesting read :P I'm suddenly dying to find out what her excuse was :PP Thanks for stopping by my haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I bought Losing It as an e-book, but I think I only read the first few chapters. I remember it being funny, though. Enjoy your books! <3

    ReplyDelete
  53. Both books sound intriguing and I am hoping to have the chance to read them in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Burning is new to me, but it sounds awesome so I'll definitely have to check it out! Plus, Gypsy's are cool. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by earlier! =D

    ReplyDelete
  55. Re the blurb for Losing It - Oh dear, how embarrassing that would be. :D I hope the author handles it well and the book is good.

    Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Burning looks great. Hope you enjoy your reads! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Tara @ Shhh... Not While I'm Reading

    ReplyDelete
  57. I've vaguely heard of both of these, though hadn't read the synopsis' until now. Both look good!! I hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for visiting me today!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the cover of Burning.

    My STS

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I LOVED LOSING IT! Such a fun book. Burning sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm rather curious about Cora Carmack's books. Although, I haven't read any of them... I should give them a try soon.

    Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by.

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  61. I LOVED Losing It!!!! *squee* one of my favorite new adult books. I hope you read them both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for stopping by! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Burning definitely sounds awesome, I have never read a book with gypsies and really want to read it!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  64. I've wanted Losing It for forever >.< Wish I'd have bought it back when it was still self-pubbed and thus cheaper, haha ^^''
    I've never heardo f Burning before but it sounds really intriguing! I think the inclusion of Gypsies/fortune telling is an interesting angle :)
    Enjoy them, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  65. yay!! Losing it really sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Losing it was amazing! Can't wait for the sequel/companion, Faking It. One of the best New Adult books I've read!

    candice @ thecrjreviews

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe