Top Ten Books That Made Me Think

10:03 AM

 Top Ten Books that Made Me Think

I actually posted half of this before, if some of you remember ;)

1. Thirteen Reasons Why

     This one really made me think of what my actions can do to others. I learned so much from this book, and it was great! I learned that our actions, no matter how small or big, can affect those around us. Made me think of the things I did in the past...

2. Pushing the Limits & Dare You To

      Made me think that there were others out there facing these kinds of problems - that I wasn't completely alone. That comfort isn't something that can only be found in humans, but also in books.

3. The Chinese Cinderella

     I don't remember much of this book cause I read this almost 5 years ago, but I remember it made me think. Think of how lucky I was, though I dont always cherish/appreciate it. Made me think of the things that I took for granted.

4. The Greatest Miracle in the World

     Made me think that we are all miracles. That God created us all with our own unique talent and capabilities, and each one of us is special and has a purpose. Made me optimistic. :)

5. Harry Potter

     Made me think of that fantasy I think we all have inside of us, and reminded me that all of us has a dream, and we have the right to, cause we can. :)

6. Anna and the French Kiss

     Made me think/realize that books let us travel to places. This is the cheapest way to go to as many places/worlds as we like. And made me have more belief in love. Hihi :D

7. Lola and the Boy Next Door

     Reminded me to love people for who they really are, and not for their outer appearances. Made me value what each person's personalities are, rather than their looks.

8. The Summer I Turned Pretty

     Made me think about how we don't really know what we want, and that all decisions have consequenses, and you have to deal with them because that's what you chose. And you can never really know the outcome, until it's already there.

9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

     Made me think of how after reading this novel, I still don't believe in love at first sight. Mwahaha! It's just that, I believe in getting to know a person first before being able to like, much more love them, you know?

10. Daphne's Book

     Made me think of how sometimes, secret aren't really meant to be kept, especially if it means that someone would get hurt if you keep it a secret..


What books made you think? Tell me in the comments. 

And dont forget to leave links! :D

You Might Also Like

34 thoughts

  1. I agree. I believe in lust at first sight, but not love lol. And I loved Anna and the French Kiss bc like you said it's $10 vaca to France and you don't even have to change out of your pjs if you don't want to haha. great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, lust and infatuation, but not real love :) I know right! And just find a cozy place to sit or lay down, and it'll be the perfect trip for just $10 :D

      Delete
  2. The first three made me think too! Especially with The Chinese Cinderella! Knowing that it happened in real life made me more sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved The Summer I Turned Pretty. I think it taught me that no matter how much you try, your first love is always a part of you. If you're not together then they will just be there and you have to move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, forgot to add that up there. I also thought of that while reading, but forgot about it now.. )

      Delete
  4. I've heard good things about Pushing the Limits and Dare You To. I've only read HP from your list, but there were things that Dumbledore said that always made me think.

    Oh and you should read Before I Fall! I haven't read Lauren Oliver's Delirium series, but I know that there are some people who enjoyed Before I fall more than her dystopian series. Maybe you can borrow it from the library?

    Thank You for stopping by my blog!
    Savindi @ The Streetlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, if only there were libraries here. But there arent :(

      Delete
  5. Great topic and great books!

    My TTT

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about Anna & Lola! I have yet to read Thirteen Reasons Why and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, but I've heard great things about both books. And the rest on your list look very interesting (looked them up on Goodreads).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both are great books. I like Statistical more that Thirteen Reasons Why though :)

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed "Pushing the Limits" and I barely read YA books. It was a lot of fun to read and it did make me think. Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Pushing the Limits is really great! :)

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed most of these books... and I too still don't believe in love at first sight. You are not the only one!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thirteen Reasons Why was such a hard book to read for the reason that it made me think so much about what was going on in the protagonist's life, and the far reaching consequences for people's actions towards her. Yay, Harry Potter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love books that make me think. I have a few of these on my 'to be read next' list so you definitely have me even more excited about them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chinese Cinderella, Pushing The Limits, and Harry Potter definitely. I loved Anna, too. Like, obsessive-fangirl loved it. Haha. I haven't read any of the others, but they sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes we chose the same topic! haha. Harry Potter is on my list too. 13 Reasons Why is a good pick. Thanks for stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this list!

    Your comment on Statistical Probability is just hilarious. Hahaha!
    I'm curious about Pushing the Limits and Dare You To after reading your comment on it...

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! But it's true! I really dont believe in all that :P

      You should go check them out, since they're both amazing! :)

      Delete
  14. Awesome list, I still need to read a lot of these. Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh, I LOVE Stephanie Perkins's books; I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been awfully curious about 13 Reasons Why. Is it true that they'll be making a movie out of this book? And YAY for Harry Potter! Anna and Lola were fun reads as well. And LOL at number 9! I was a bit skeptical getting into this book because, I too am not a believer of love at first sights. And just like you, it did not change my former opinion. I am still a cynic. Haha! But it was a light and enjoyable read nonetheless. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOAH! I haven't heard that news yet, but if they will, I would certainly watch it! I know right! I really enjoyed it :P

      Delete
  17. Some great books on your list. I'm definitely grateful to Harry Potter although now I hopelessly yearn for my Hogwarts invitation. :D
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I will be waiting for it forever :P

      Delete
  18. Nice picks! The Last Academy looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great topic and great choices. I always think that some books affect us forever, they last so much longer than the time you spend actually reading it. I call my favourite books my comfort books as they help me through rough times. And reading has opened my eyes to such much I either never knew about and brought me to places I never will travel to.

    Must add Thirteen Reasons Why to my to-read list. Love so many others you mentioned.

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great topic and list of titles! I love your explanation for Harry Potter and I still have yet to read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight--need to fix that one of these days!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog last week, hope you're having a great weekend! =)

    - Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am always looking for interesting blog posts about reading and book recommendations and I think this is the first time I've come across this question. What a great thing to ask! There is nothing I enjoy more than a novel or movie that challenges me intellectually or just teaches me something new. The most recent book I read that made me think is by author, Layne Wong, a historical fiction romance novel “Shanghai Love” (http://laynewong.com/). The book takes place during the rise of Hitler and WWII. The female heroine, Peilin, was betrothed to a man who was killed before their wedding but tradition and honor forced the marriage along anyways. She is sent to Shanghai to manage his family’s herbal shop. Shanghai is also Henri’s destination, a young Jewish man, as he has graduated from medical school as Hitler is rising to power. He flees to Shanghai where he’s befriended by Ping, Peilin’s brother. When Peilin and Harry meet a forbidden love ensues. There are no easy solutions for the love affair enveloped by these highly-charged emotional dynamics. It is an enthralling page-turner! Layne Wong really did transport me to Shanghai and I felt immersed in their world and culture. It made me think about another era, another culture, and another way of life. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am always looking for interesting blog posts about reading and book recommendations and I think this is the first time I've come across this question. What a great thing to ask! There is nothing I enjoy more than a novel or movie that challenges me intellectually or just teaches me something new. The most recent book I read that made me think is by author, Layne Wong, a historical fiction romance novel “Shanghai Love” (http://laynewong.com/). The book takes place during the rise of Hitler and WWII. The female heroine, Peilin, was betrothed to a man who was killed before their wedding but tradition and honor forced the marriage along anyways. She is sent to Shanghai to manage his family’s herbal shop. Shanghai is also Henri’s destination, a young Jewish man, as he has graduated from medical school as Hitler is rising to power. He flees to Shanghai where he’s befriended by Ping, Peilin’s brother. When Peilin and Harry meet a forbidden love ensues. There are no easy solutions for the love affair enveloped by these highly-charged emotional dynamics. It is an enthralling page-turner! Layne Wong really did transport me to Shanghai and I felt immersed in their world and culture. It made me think about another era, another culture, and another way of life. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe