Waiting on Wednesday

2:12 PM


The summer of her dreams is about to get a reality check.

They said it couldn't be done, but geeky sophomore Lauren Carlson transformed herself into a popular girl after moving to a new school halfway across the country. Amazing what losing her braces and going out for cheerleading will do. Only trouble is, the popular crowd is wearing on Lauren's nerves and she can't wait to return to summer camp where she's valued for her brain instead of her handsprings. She misses her old friends and most of all, her long time camp-only boyfriend, Seth. This year she intends to upgrade their relationship to year-round status once she's broken up with her new, jock boyfriend, Matt. He doesn't even begin to know the real her, a girl fascinated by the night sky who dreams of discovering new planets and galaxies.

But Matt isn't giving her up without a fight. As he makes his case to stay together, Lauren begins to realize his feelings run deeper than she ever would have guessed. What if the guy she thought she was meant to be with forever isn't really The One? Returning to Camp Juniper Point was supposed to ground her uprooted life, but she's more adrift than ever. Everything feels different and soon Lauren's friends are turning on her and both guys question what she really wants. As summer tensions escalate, Lauren wonders if she's changed more than she thought. Will her first big discovery be herself?


-----------


He was fifteen and she was seventeen.

When sophomore Ryan "The Kid" McPhearson makes the Varsity baseball team, he finds himself submersed into the life of upperclassmen, and falling in love with senior Brooke Bennet. To Ryan she's his dream girl, perfect. Maybe to the outside world a two-year age difference doesn't matter, but this is high school. Everything matters.

Ryan soon realizes Brooke's life is not so perfect. He becomes her closest friend, her safe place to fall when she needs to escape. Ryan seems to be benched in the friend zone with no chance to bat.

Time is both a curse and a blessing. It ushers Brooke away to college, and Ryan into the arms of his first girlfriend. It alters Ryan from a kid to a high school graduate, ready to venture to college himself. But when Ryan sees Brooke again he realizes there are some things even time can't touch.

Though much has changed, one question still remains. Will the things that mattered in high school always stand between them?

You Might Also Like

29 thoughts

  1. I haven't heard of Camp Boyfriend before, but I will definitely put it on my TBR list. Great picks! :)
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE camp and summer stories! I'm not sure why, maybe because I've always wished I was given the chance to go to camp when I was a kid. Flirting with Maybe is another I think I definitely need to read. Great picks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Sweet Evils so I'm excited to read her other work. It's a short story though right? Great picks! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hard time with connecting Higgins with the series...Sweet Evil yes! That one! Needless to say I haven't read it. Anyway both of these are new to me but I'll check them out. great picks :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books look interesting - I've never seen either one before.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. These both sounds cute, not really something I read, but I hope you enjoy them!

    Toni @ My Book Addiction <-- My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. These both look really good. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by mine, Britttan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I accidentally add to many ts to my name.

      Brittan

      Delete
  8. I hadn't heard of either of these before now bout they sound really good! Great picks!
    Thanks for dropping by my WoW post =]

    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, I'm not sure if they are something for me, but I do like geeky characters :D

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I can't wait for Camp Boyfriend! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow both of those sound amazing. I think I added Flirting with Maybe a couple weeks ago after seeing it on someone elses waiting list!! Camp Boyfriend sounds super interesting, I may have to add it to my list. Thank you for dropping by!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like Camp Boyfriend, sounds like a very cute contemporary and I can't wait to read it. As for, Flirting with maybe, I'm pretty sure it's already out with a bonus chapter on the author's website. I hope you like it.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy these! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look like perfect summer reads..awesome picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the covers, will be adding both books to my to-read list :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  16. These both look like great summer reads! I'm going to add them to my TBR list! But when do they come out? I hope it's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks! I've heard Flirting With Maybe is really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of these before, thanks for sharing!
    Cricket@littleLibraryMuse

    ReplyDelete
  19. These both look like great summer reads. Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by my post! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are the exact type of reads I am looking for right now! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't heard of either of these but they both sound good! I really like the sound of Camp Boyfriend and the cover is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These two are new to me! But do they ever sound/look cute. I'll be on the lookout for early reviews for these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both books sound great. I'm especially excited for Camp Boyfriend. Awesome picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of those sound very sweet. Thanks for sharing (and stopping by). :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love books about camps! Adding to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty covers :D Both books sounds amazing. I really hope you'll love them. <3 Thank you for sharing ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks! Both sounds like books I would devour in one sitting! lol
    Thanks for stopping by. :)
    <a href="http://booksiview.com>Megan @ Books i View</a>

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't heard of Flirting With Maybe before, it sounds interesting. Although, Camp Boyfriend doesn't sound like something like I would enjoy, but then again, that's what I thought of Cinder and I ended up loving it, so who knows.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.


    -Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe