Waiting on Wednesday

2:56 PM


 Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. 

 A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. 

 In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.
 -------------------------

Curtis Sittenfeld's PREP meets THE SIXTH SENSE in this spine-tingling, unforgettable debut.

Camden Fisher arrives at boarding school haunted by a falling-out with her best friend back home. But the manicured grounds of Lethe Academy are like nothing Cam has ever known. There are gorgeous, preppy boys wielding tennis rackets, and circles of girls with secrets to spare. Only . . . something is not quite right. One of Cam's new friends mysteriously disappears, but the teachers don't seem too concerned. Cam wakes up to strangers in her room, who then melt into the night. She is suddenly plagued by odd memories, and senses there might be something dark and terrible brewing. But what? The answer will leave Cam--and readers--stunned and breathless, in this thrilling debut novel

You Might Also Like

29 thoughts

  1. Great choices, I have both on my wishlist and can't wait to read either of them! Happy reading :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by! I'm also waiting for Invisibility :D It sounds amazing, and I love David Levithan's books :-)

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot WAIT for Invisibility! I adore both authors, especially David Levithan. I just can't.

    I have The Last Academy sitting on my desk next to me, as I type this. It looks really good!

    Great picks!

    Check out MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually got The Last Academy for review, and I'm so excited! It has such a pretty cover in person!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to read Invisibility! It's been on my list for too long. Last Academy I've seen here and there but I'll wait for the reviews. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm heading to Goodreads right now and adding both of these titles to my TBR list. Great choices!

    Here’s My WoW!

    Michelle :)
    Author, PODs available June 4th
    Milayna available March 11, 2014
    The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014
    Visit me and learn how to win a signed copy of PODs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always claim invisibility is the super power I would want if I had to choose one so I definitely am excited to read the book. I like boarding school storylines too. Great picks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are on my wishlist too. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Last Academy sounds really interesting! Thanks for dropping by my Wow!

    Nina @ The Bookish Confections

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some really good choices here!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Last Academy sounds super interesting. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Invisibility looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on that one :). I haven't heard much about the other one but it looks good too. Thanks for sharing!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Picks! They both sound really good and are definitely going on my TBR. Thanks for stopping by my WOW :-)

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome choice, I too can't wait for INVISIBILITY (I think I pre-ordered it the second I heard what it was about and who the authors are.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful picks for this week, enjoy! :)

    New follower via bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. levithan and cremer are two authors i've been meaning to read. how awesome they're writing a book together. will definitely be checking out invisibility. awesome WoW :D

    my WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh... I got Invisibility in the mail last week! I can't wait to read it, I ADORE David & Andrea. :)

    As for your other pick...I've never even heard of it, but now I'm intrigued.

    Great Picks!
    Misty @ KindleObsessed
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those both sound good! Thanks for the recommendation.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh nice! Been hearing a lot about the second one! Hope you enjoy both!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like both of your picks but the most I'm looking forward to will be Invisibility. I love Andrea Cremer's writing and I can't wait to read more from her. Great picks!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good choices! I love the second cover, I'll have add it to my to-read list:)
    Here's My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these books look awesome! I am so excited for Last Academy. I am excited for both books really.
    Bella's W.O.W

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome picks! I love the cover for Invisibility. It sounds so freaking adorable, too!!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh, Invisibility is one of my next reads! It sounds really good and I hope it is!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh they both sound amazing! I'm more excited for Invisibility though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've heard so much about Invisibility! Now I'm curious!!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Kimi!

    Thanks for commenting on my WOW!! And I love yours! I already have this book in my TBR pile. It sounds like a fabulous story! Who wouldn't want to be invisible? Then you could find out if your boyfriend is cheating on you, or what your BFFs are REALLY saying about you. Lol.

    I've heard great things about "The Last Academy", too. That cover looks kinda creepy and mysterious.

    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cannot wait for The Last Academy :D Sounds so good. <3 Hope you'll love them both :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  29. I DEF cannot wait for Invisibility!! I love those two authors! And I'm really interested in The Last Academy! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe