All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Title: All Our Yesterdays

Author: Cristin Terrill

Series: N/A Standalone

Genre: Romance, Science Fiction, Young Adult

Publisher: Disney Hyperion

Publication Date: September 3, 2013

Pages: 368 Pages

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars





  "You have to kill him." Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.

 Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside.

 Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was.

 All Our Yesterdays is a wrenching, brilliantly plotted story of fierce love, unthinkable sacrifice, and the infinite implications of our every choice.

  I picked this book up mainly because I got approved on Netgalley, and many people were gushing about it. If you told me that I would really like this book if I read it, I probably wouldn't believe you. 

  At the start of the novel, I didn't quite understand what was happening, despite knowing that this is a time-travel novel, but I guess that's more my fault than the author's. Then, as the story progressed, I got more and more engrossed in Em's, Finn's and James' story. The plot is not complicated, but I can say that it is complete - it has fantasy, romance, friendship and others. The pacing became slow for me at the start, but starting from the middle, I felt like I was running a marathon (not in a bad way) because I felt like I had to run in order for me to be able to catch up with the exciting plot.

   The author captured the concept of time-traveling really well,  and I think that I would read more time-travel novels in the future because of this book. 





“But progress is always dangerous, isn't it? Most of the time, walls don't get dismantled brick by brick. Someone has to crash through them.” 

Labels: , , , ,