Top Ten Books I Wish Were Taught In Schools

3:00 PM



  I wasn't able to fully enjoy reading The Fault in Our Stars, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Thirteen Reasons Why, but I sure learned a lot of life lessons. These three books made me question a lot about life, and made me think back to my past actions. These books actually inspired me to become a better person.

  Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are books well-suited for readers of any age, and people who don't like reading usually start to read because of these two books. These two books also enhance our imaginations, and make us capable of living in another world.

  Both Percy Jackson and Divergent would be good materials for questioning, and students can study Greek myth alongside Percy Jackson.

  I learned a lot of lessons from Slammed and Point of Retreat too. These books were filled with many thought-provoking and truthful quotes that make you realize things.

  Lola and the Boy Next Door taught me to look past outer appearances, and focus on the personality of the person. Chinese Cinderella taught me to be thankful for all my blessings, even though challenges are thrown at us.

  I think these books would either inspire students to read more, or make them learn things in life.

You Might Also Like

15 thoughts

  1. I actually hadn't heard of Chinese Cinderella or Point of Retreat before your list so I'll have to go check them out! Great list!

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Chinese Cinderella' was my required reading my first year of high school, and out of the three I remember it's the only one I think I kind of enjoyed. How amazing would it be if you got to read HP! Although analysing it after would be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about most of these (well, the ones I've read), but mostly with Harry Potter! If I ever have kids, they'll grow up with these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! HP and Divergent would be great classroom reads! :D Happy Tuesday!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I think Divergent is a brilliant choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Percy made it to my list too! I would have loved to read all of these in school too!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put Divergent on my list too. I think it would be a great classroom study on classes and seperation.

    And I love how you did the list on a "white board". Brilliant.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  8. This list is great! Especially love TFIOS, 13 Reasons Why, Perks, and Divergent as part of required reading!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Seeing lots of Divergent and Harry Potter! I remember reading Chinese Cinderella. Not for school but for my own enjoyment years and years ago!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have loved to read these books in school. It would have been so fun, but also educational!

    Great list! Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Chinese Cinderella I'll have to check it out!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little image. I still haven't read Stephanie Perkins yet, even though I purchased Anna and Lola earlier this year.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great list and I love and agree with you on your reasoning.

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Slammed yet, but I need to! It sounds really amazing and very good for this list :) The Fault in Our Stars would have everyone sobbing in the halls, but still a really good pick. I like your little whiteboard/paper graphic... super cute!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks, a few I've read and agree with and a few ones that are new to me and sound great. I also love your explanations!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe