Waiting on Wednesday

1:13 PM




Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morril
To be published on: January 7th, 2014

  Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure-skater from Washington, D.C., who choked during junior nationals and isn’t sure she’s ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she’d give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life.

  Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player from Philly who’s been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she’s playing the worst she’s ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over.

  When the two Sloanes meet by chance in Montreal and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she’s the lucky one: no strangers to judge or laugh at Sloane Emily, no scouts expecting Sloane Devon to be a hero. But it didn’t occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie—and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It’s not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you’re someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.



A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
To be published on: January 23, 2014 

Welcome to the world of the fabulously wealthy in London, 1909, where dresses and houses are overwhelmingly opulent, social class means everything, and women are taught to be nothing more than wives and mothers. Into this world comes seventeen-year-old Victoria Darling, who wants only to be an artist—a nearly impossible dream for a girl.

After Vicky poses nude for her illicit art class, she is expelled from her French finishing school. Shamed and scandalized, her parents try to marry her off to the wealthy Edmund Carrick-Humphrey. But Vicky has other things on her mind: her clandestine application to the Royal College of Art; her participation in the suffragette movement; and her growing attraction to a working-class boy who may be her muse—or may be the love of her life. As the world of debutante balls, corsets, and high society obligations closes in around her, Vicky must figure out: just how much is she willing to sacrifice to pursue her dreams?

What are you guys reading this week?

Don't forget to check out my SIGNED copy giveaway! :)

You Might Also Like

46 thoughts

  1. Great picks! I'm excited for both of these, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you like these too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooo first I'm seeing of these but they both sound good! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picks! Not my kind of reads but still hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool picks. We're both waiting on A Mad, Wicked Folly! Just love the cover ;)

    happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-70-vitro-mad.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm glad someone's waiting with me :D I know right? :)

      Delete
  5. Great picks! Being Sloane Jacobs sounds really good. thanks for sharing.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, and I can't wait to read it! :D Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Being Sloane Jacobs was my WoW last week, it just sounds so cute doesn't it (: I'm totally excited for both books! Awesome picks, thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm only a little excited for Being Sloane Jacobs. I didn't really love Meant Te Be but i'll still read it i think. A Mad, Wicked Folly on the other hand sounds AMAZING! Great chioces. I'll definitely be adding it to be tbr now.

    Thanks for stopping by Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read Meant to Be, but I've been meaning to for a while now. The second one sounds really amazing right? :))

      Delete
  8. I'm only a little excited for Being Sloane Jacobs. I didn't really love Meant Te Be but i'll still read it i think. A Mad, Wicked Folly on the other hand sounds AMAZING! Great chioces. I'll definitely be adding it to be tbr now.

    Thanks for stopping by Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are on my tbr too! I loved Lauren's first book and I'm super excited for Being Sloane Jacobs.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad many people are waiting with me! That makes the waiting much much more bearable :P

      Delete
  10. I haven’t heard of this one, but it sounds amazing! I’ll be sure to add it to my TBR pile. Great Pick!

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heard such great things about Lauren Morrill, but haven't read anything by her yet. Both of these look really good tho!
    Thanks for visiting me WoW!
    Rachel @ The NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't yet either, but Meant to Be has been on my TBR for a long time already!

      Delete
  12. I've seen Being Sloane Jacobs around a bit, sounds good!! Great Wow choices!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm desperate to read Being Sloane Jacobs!! Great choices!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by YA Book Addict :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Me too! I'm glad someone is waiting with me! :)

      Delete
  14. Ooh! Both of these are great picks! :) I'm especially excited for A Mad, Wicked Folly myself. :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty covers! Being Sloane Jacobs sounds really cute:)

    Katie @ The Quiet Girl Talks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Being Sloane Jacobs sounds interesting... it reminds me of Parent Trap but with a much older set of twins. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll be checking this one out. And thanks for dropping by my WoW.. :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mad Wicked Folly sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just saw Being Sloan Jacobs somewhere the other day, and while I'm not really a contemporary fan, it seems to be something I'd like a lot.
    Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like A Mad, Wicked Lovely is on everyone's list. I have to check this out.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen both of these around this week, and they seem intriguing. Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We do seem to have different tastes – I hope you enjoy your selections as well, and thanks for stopping by my WoW this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks! It's my first time hearing about both, adding them to the TBR now!
    Thanks for sharing! :)
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm SO excited for Being Sloane Jacobs. I really liked Meant to Be, so I'm excited to see what else Morrill brings to the table. A Mad, Wicked Folly is another one I want to check out. Great choices! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I haven't read Meant to Be yet, but I'm still really excited! :)

      Delete
  24. Nice picks. I haven't seen them before but they sound interesting and I hope you enjoy reading them.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW post last week.
    Marti @ SBBCreviews

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe