Top Ten Tuesday

12:02 AM


Cover redesign attempts:

 
(based on the same concept)

(kissing in the rain scene)


Covers I don't like:


The Perks of Being a Wallflower:
I really hate this cover because it doesn't even look like a cover at all. I don't get the idea of why it's like this.

After Hello:
For me, the cover of this one doesn't really look like a cover at all. Which is a waste, really, since the content is really amazing!

Fallen Crest High:
The font used for the title is unprofessional, and the image used isn't really eye-catching. Good thing it has high Goodreads ratings!

Fated:
The synopsis of this one is really amazing, though I wouldn't have read it if I wasn't bored at the time. The cover makes you not want to be interesting in it.


 Girls are Players:
The cover of this one is a huge fallback from the cover of the first book! I seriously cannot get the cover, and the pictures blended together don't look good at all.

That Boy:
Seriously, who allowed this one to be printed out like this? It doesn't even look like a cover! It looks like a drawing of an elementary school student!


Charade:
I think the cover of this one would have been okay had the title of the font been changed, but right now, it doesn't look okay. 

My Love Lies Bleeding:
Man, that drawing on her throat gives me crazy chills! Not only is it weird, but also creepy! The placement of the title could have done better too.

You Might Also Like

23 thoughts

  1. @KELLEY
    Thanks for stopping by, and I agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I hate bad covers. It really puts me off reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, did you do the two cover designs at the top? Because they are really cool! Love your list!! You're the second blogger I've seen put That Boy on their list for the same reason. I definitely agree it's very immature looking.

    TTT @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you on all of these, especially Perks. I just don't get that cover. That Boy just looks ridiculous! Who approved that?!
    You did those cover redesigns yourself? I totally love that second Love? Maybe. cover!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks. Agree on all of them as well! And did you really redesigned those first two?! Awesome if so!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perks is on my list too, but that That Boy cover is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't seen that Dare You To redesign and while I like it a little better than the original I still don't love it. But I might at least buy the redesign while I would never buy the original to have on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you made your own! I agree about the Perks cover. That's why I bought the orange one with writing all over it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Boy almost made my list this week too!! I like that the Perks cover is so recognizable. Like I could see that color green anywhere and would immediately think of that book... but it's definitely not what I would've picked for it. I don't know what it has anything to do with the book. And After Hello is just bad.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thougjt the same thing about That Boy! I HATE that cover!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Those cover redesigns are amazing, did you do them? I hate really awful book covers and you've found some really bad ones. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @CHRISSIREADS:
    Right? Same here, even though we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, literally :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. @MARY: Yup, I did those two. Thanks so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @LAUREN:
    Right? Bad covers are just big turn offs! Yup, I did those. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Tiffany:
    Right? I seriously don't get both covers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @MAGGIE:
    That's not a published one, it's just my own version :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @PATTY: Thank you! I like the one with writing better, but it still doesn't fit the mood of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @MICHELLE:
    I agree with everything you just said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @NIKKI: Right? It's just weird and unprofessional!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @REVIEWS FROM A BOOK WORM:
    Thank you! Yes, I did them :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sigh...I just don't care for McGarry's covers - I'm generally opposed to groping on covers. The one on the right is slightly preferable, simply because it's sweeter.

    Wow...That Boy is an actual cover??? I'm JUST learning to create images for my blog, and I'm pretty sure I could make that. Believe me, that is not a compliment.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe