Bookish Bucket List

2:23 PM


 In no particular order :)

1. Meet my favorite authors, especially Katie McGarry!
  Living in the Philippines, I find meeting authors hard because they rarely come here. Katie McGarry is my favorite favorite author, and her books helped me, so I'd be the luckiest person alive if I get to meet her and get her to sign my books! Other authors I want to meet are Kasie West, Veronica Roth, JK Rowling, Colleen Hoover, Stephanie Perkins, Richelle Mead, JLA, Tarryn Fisher, Cora Carmack, etc.

2. Continue blogging! (For forever?)
  A problem I have is getting easily bored or not committing to what I do. I often have unfinished crochet projects because of this bad habit of mine. Even I was surprised that I have managed to continue blogging for more than a year! Blogging has brought me so much joy already, and I just want to continue! :)

3. Attend ALA/BEA
  As I said, I live in the Philippines, so I hope to go to America someday and join these huge conventions to meet more authors, bloggers and bookworms! :D

4. Read 1M pages before I die!
  I have this challenge to myself wherein I want to read one million pages worth of books in my lifetime. Being an avid reader, I'm really hoping to be able to accomplish this. Though at the rate that I'm going, I'm not really sure. Check it out here! 

5. Be mentioned in a book
  Do you know how totally awesome that would be?! I can't even.

6. Receive paperback ARCs
  Living in the Philippines is a pain in the ass in receiving paperbacks because they're not willing to ship this far. Just last week I was accepted for paperbacks of Break-Up Artist and Played, but upon learning that I live here, I got declined. :(

7. Read at least 150 books a year
  Not easy, considering I still have homework to do, and I also enjoy other hobbies like crocheting, watching series, etc. But, if I can manage this, then my 1M goal wouldn't be so hard to accomplsih anymore. 

8. Have a library/reading room in my future house.
  Reading has been a huge part of my life since I was just a kid, and it's my dream to have a library in my house in the future. But if not, I can settle with just a reading room. I want the reading room to be not so big, because I want it to be a private place for me and my books. ;)

9. Share the love of reading to others.
  I LOVE convincing people to read books! I want to make it known to everyone how amazing reading is. Also, I want to have bookworm kids in the future! I want to share the books I read when I was young, and also share book opinions with them. Shopping for books together would certainly be fun! 

10. Make international blogger friends!
  So far, my only blogger friends are the only ones who live here in the Philippines because I have actually already met them in person. Not that they're not awesome or anything, because believe me they are, but I want to branch out and know more bloggers! If only... 

You Might Also Like

30 thoughts

  1. Great list... I love meeting new people through my blog...

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your no.4! I've never thought about the number of pages I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of neglected to mention having a library in my dream house. But really, it's a given for when I get my own place! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging forever sounds perfect. As for #5, who wouldn't love that?!? Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Receive paperbacks ARC's" that's a good one! Should have done that!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I am with you on number 6. I live in South Africa and no one wants to ship books to me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your list! #5 would be so awesome! Maybe one day =D
    Here's my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-things-on-my-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list! I never really count the number of pages I read but it is a really good point and does give a fairer judgment as books vary greatly in their volume.

    New GFC follower :)

    My TTT

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging forever would be amazing. I really want to continue blogging for as long as I can. I love it so much! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to blog for a long time too. It's hard work and I've skipped a few days...weeks, but when I come back to it I realize how much I missed it. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my ttt. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good ideas. Aren't Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs coming to the Philippines soon? Will they come near to you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your goal of reading a million pages! I wonder how many I've read! Crocheting and watching series can often get in the way of my reading too! I hope you get to do all of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a long list of authors I would love to meet too. I hope to one day move closer to a bigger city, that gets book events and signing often. I also think it would be fun to have someone to go book shopping with. I have gone a couple times with one of my friends.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT list!!! Katie McGarry definitely is on my list of authors I want to meet. And I would DIE if I was mentioned in a book! I think that would seriously make my whole life! I checked out your 1 million pages thing and you're totally going to make that one! It might take 10 years, but you're on pace.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone wants to attend BEA, including me! Love number 8, a lot of bloggers seem to want this too and every time I see it I picture Beauty and the Beast! Great list and thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got some intense reading aspirations: 1 million pages and 150 books a year is beast. But best of luck to you on these goals!

    Cheers,
    joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts.
    My TTT This Week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I can't believe I left having my own library/reading room off my list; that's been my dream ever since I saw the library in Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I totally want to meet Katie McGarry and attend BEA. I really like the idea of reading 1 million pages! Such a cool goal!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! I really like Number 4 and Number 8, they're definitely something I'd like to do too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these! I definitely would love to do 150 books a year! I was so excited that I got to 114 last year, but I knew this year with a newborn, it wasn't happening. And oh, a library sounds blissful! I can just picture it... maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like your #1. Katie McGarry is brilliant. i love her works; I'd love to meet her too. Richelle is wonderful, so I hope you get to meet her some time.

    I think EVERYONE wants a personal library, lol. I can see it in my mind so clearly. I hope it happens for the both of us!

    i'm from the US, California to be exact!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate when Publishers restrict giving out arcs internationally, it's understandable but I bet it sucks nevertheless. I hope you get an arc soon :)
    Oh and great choice with Katie McGarry. I can't believe I forgot to mention her name in my post, she's my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post! You have such fantastic goals, and most of these are on my list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm trying to read 1 million pages, too! It's so tough, though! But I'm working on it. Good luck with your goals!!!

    I love how this is a Top 10 Tuesday! You may also want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to go to BEA too,most of my blogger friends are international (haven't met any from Toronto though I've chatted with them online a bit). Love your list.
    Thanks for stopping by my
    TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmm, now I'm wondering how far away I am from 1M pages... I keep track of the number of books I read, but not the pages it has, so I have no idea, but it's great that you're keeping track of it for yourself! And I love the idea of sharing the love of books with other people! I feel like it's something I try to do, but not as goal, just as something I do sometimes, so it would be great to actively try and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another bookish person who loves to crochet :D
    I hope you get to meet Katic McGarry! Meeting authors I adore is high on my list too!

    Kate @ Fictional Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh yeah, quite a few of these would be on my bucket list, as well!! I would love LOVE to attend BEA and be mentioned in a book! It's too bad that you have a few restrictions living in the Philippines, but I hope one day you can make a trip outside, maybe to BEA and then maybe you could meet Katie McGarry!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can totally relate to a lot of the items in your list, being a blogger living in the Philippines as well and they're in my list too :) I hope you get to meet Katie McGarry soon! :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe