Feature and Follow Friday

10:22 AM





How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.

 I can say that my reading habits has changed since becoming a blogger. Before, I used to read from a site called Wattpad because as much as I want to read novels, I couldn't afford to spend that much money as I want in books, so I read in Wattpad instead. After becoming a blogger, I started receiving review copies, so I started reading more books. Also, before, back when Twilight was a hit, I loved reading vampire books. Fantasy and paranormal. But after discovering Wattpad, I realized that I liked contemporary romance better. Well, not that I knew what it was called back then. I learned the term 'contemporary romance' when I read Ten Things We Did, and that was a few months before I started blogging, that's why this blog is centered on contemporary romance. :)

 Sorry, that was so lengthy, you guys probably won't have the time or patience to read it :))

You Might Also Like

23 thoughts

  1. @ALLISON: Here: http://www.wattpad.com
    It's this site where people can post their stories online, and anyone can read them. It's good for aspiring authors because they can get feedback on their works. Also, for readers, some of the books there are really good, story-wise and grammar-wise, so I enjoyed reading books there. Many of the authors from Wattpad are also published now, like Ali Novak and Jordan Lynde. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I've only discovered Wattpad in the past few months, and I've discovered it more as an author than as a reader, but glad to know it brought you to a favorite genre. It's definitely doing it's job. :D Happy Friday!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out Wattpad but I never seem to have enough time.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to get the hang of wattpad and it drives me nuts since my computer is a desktop. I like reading in bed :)

    new follower
    Tiffany @ A_TiffyFit's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting how the genre you liked changed!
    Visiting here through friday follow.

    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! That's something totally new to me! I'm not so great with technology! When my blog starts acting up, there's screaming and yelling involved!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Wattpad. I will need to check it out. New Bloglovin follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from the FF Hop. New follower.

    Jessica @ Tales Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that I like to read a variety of different genres depending on how they sound, but I do have my favorite genres. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Hopping thru! I'm going to check out Wattpad as well. New BL follower!
    Come visit me!
    <3
    Brittany @ Please Feed The Bookworm
    Follow Me Here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wattpad can get strangely addictive after awhile :D

    New bloglovin follower :)

    My FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love contemporary romance too. Sometimes, it's all I have to read and I'
    d like to forget about my other review books. Then I have to be disciplined. *sigh*

    New follower via Bloglovin and GFC!

    This is my Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of Wattpad, but I've never looked it over. Maybe I should!

    New follower via BlogLovin' and GFC! My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @MARILYN, HOTTEANDAGOODBOOK, BITTERSWEET, KRISTEN

    If you ever decide to check out Watppad, you should go for the popular ones first because most of the less popular ones have horrible grammar! (Not that I'm an expert, though it's really hard to go through reading those) :))

    Oh, and thanks for the follows! Will check out your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @TIFFANY H

    There's a wattpad app if you have a smart phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @JESSICA

    I use technology, but when something goes wrong, we have the same reaction :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. @OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE READER
    I know right! Thanks for the follow, checking out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @JOHANNA
    I rarely ever request non-contemporary books, because I might not like them, and I hate reviewing books that I did not like. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's amazing the number of genres that are out there! It's mind blowing walking into the bookstore and library and finding entire sections devoted to YA Paranormal Romance for example. :)

    Terri M.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm on Wattpad, too! As a reader so far, and soon as an author (hopefully, lol). I've gotten into reading more contemporary over the last year. I love stories about addiction and romance and mental health issues. Now I sound mental, lol.

    P.S. We're all readers, so no matter how long or short your posts are, we'll read it all. ;)

    New GFC follower, old Bloglovin and Twitter follower :)
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg WATTPAD! My cousins used to read from that too, but I never tried it. I know some really popular books there actually got published and there's even one being turned into a movie here. Diary ng Panget, or something? I'm not sure.

    Followed via bloglovin :)

    Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  22. old follower here. Wow i have to check that out thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe