Waiting on Wednesday

2:55 PM




  What if there was an app that told you what song to listen to, what coffee to order, who to date, even what to do with your life—an app that could ensure your complete and utter happiness? What if you never had to fail or make a wrong choice?

  What if you never had to fall?

  Fast-forward to a time when Apple and Google have been replaced by Gnosis, a monolith corporation that has developed the most life-changing technology to ever hit the market: Lux, an app that flawlessly optimizes decision making for the best personal results. Just like everyone else, sixteen-year-old Rory Vaughn knows the key to a happy, healthy life is following what Lux recommends. When she’s accepted to the elite boarding school Theden Academy, her future happiness seems all the more assured. But once on campus, something feels wrong beneath the polished surface of her prestigious dream school. Then she meets North, a handsome townie who doesn’t use Lux, and begins to fall for him and his outsider way of life. Soon, Rory is going against Lux’s recommendations, listening instead to the inner voice that everyone has been taught to ignore — a choice that leads her to uncover a truth neither she nor the world ever saw coming.




The bad girl who stole his heart …

Valerie Willis has done it all: tattoos, one-night stands, even strip poker. And now she can add getting a messy public divorce to that list. Back in her hometown of Rock Canyon, Val just wants to bury her head and wait for the scandal to pass. But when she suddenly finds herself at a singles' weekend face-to-face with former flame Justin Silverton, hiding from her heart—and the sexy Marine—won't be that simple.

Is just too good to let go …

It's been ten years since Justin kissed Val, but he still remembers the way they just seemed to … fit. Since then he's served his country and helped his father keep their ranch intact, but he's never forgotten Val or her wild ways. So when a twist of fate brings him the chance to chase her across state lines and spend a weekend winning her heart, Justin's all in. Because when he sees something he wants, he fights for it. And he's ready to fight for the right to call this bad girl his one and only.

You Might Also Like

42 thoughts

  1. Both of these books sounds great! I'm definitely curious about Free to Fall.

    Thanks for sharing :) Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free To Fall sounds soooo good! Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! :) Bad Girls Don't Marry Marines seems a very swoon read. I'm gonna add it on my to-read list.

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free to Fall sounds really good. I think I could make use of that app, haha. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW
    PF @ Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks! These are new to me! Hope you love them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gnosis, sounds all very interesting. I wonder if it can choose 5 star books for us :D Great choice of books, haven't heard of both of them :D

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free To Fall sounds so good! I haven't heard of until now so I'll be adding that one to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free to Fall is definitely my favourite out of these two! I'm so adding it on Goodreads because I want to get into some more YA! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you manage to get a copy!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read FREE TO FALL! I loved Lauren's previous book. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool picks! I liked Parallel so i'm curious about Free to Fall. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free to Fall, YES! I haven't read Parallel by her yet, but really looking forward to this one more. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Free to Fall is one I cannot wait to read. It was my WoW a few weeks back as well. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been dying for Free to Fall too. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay...tried to post a comment...blogger escaped! LOL

    Trying again....fascinating picks. Enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Free to Fall sounds pretty chilling -- evil apps! I love the idea! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. :)

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. :) And thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sound of Free To Fall, hadn't heard about it before but it's going straight on my wishlist! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these sound good for such different reasons! Will definitely be adding them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm excited to read free to fall too. an app to help you what to do with your life? really want to know how it will go.

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally can't wait to read Free to Fall. Isn't is out really soon? Or am I imaging it? Either way, I'm in. I really liked Parallel and I hope I like Free to Fall too.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Free to Fall kind of made me think of Matched by Ally Condie for a moment there but it definitely sounds more interesting that Matched~
    thanks for dropping by my blog(:

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have Free to Fall. I need to read this one soon. Awesome picks

    Check out our WOW.

    Also, enter to win a copy of After the End by Amy Plum

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  23. Free To Fall is definitely one I am waiting for too! Hope you are able to read both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great picks - both of these some awesome in totally different ways :)
    Thanks for visiting My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah, I heard good things about Lauren Miller's other book, Parallel, so I'm keen to check out Free To Fall, as well! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic post, Free to Fall sounds amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am SO excited for Free to Fall! It sounds so gooooood, and it's out very soon! YAY! Great picks!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm loving your picks! I'm definitely going to add Free to Fall to my TBR list :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  29. These sound good. Great picks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of these reads sound great! Hope you enjoy them!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice picks. I read the first book in the Codi Gary series and really liked it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both books sound great! I especially like the sound of Free to Fall.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  33. Free to Fall sounds different and interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have the most TERRIFIC choices this week!! With the way corporations are controlling so much of our lives these days, the plot of "Free to Fall" sounds like it could really happen, sometime in the future. So I'm adding this one to my Goodreads TBR/Amazon wish list!!

    As for "Bad Girls Don't Marry Marines", it's the kind of "Pretty Woman" scenario that really warms my heart!! So I'm adding this one, too!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my own WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both of these sound really good :) I love how you chose two books from two genres.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  36. Free to fall sounds totally fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Free to Fall sounds quite interesting. I swear, dystopian authors come up with the strangest ideas nowadays. I hope you'll like it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm definitely excited for Free to Fall. I really enjoyed her debut last year and it sounds so interesting. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ohh, great picks! Adding them to my TBR! :-)
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've seen Free to Fall around quite a bit, but it doesn't seem like my type of book. Thank you for stopping by my WoW earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great pick! This is my first time seeing this one. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe