ARC Review: Eleven Weeks


Title: Eleven Weeks
Author: Lauren McKellar
Series: Crazy in Love #2
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Publication Date: January 28th, 2015
My Rating: 2.5 Stars

Eleven weeks.

Seven tequila shots.

Five siblings.

Two boys.

One heartbeat.

***

Stacey is good at pretending.

She pretends that the boy she's in love with doesn't exist.

She pretends that she's happy to live and die in this small town.

She pretends that her life is carefree while her best friend's world crumbles before her very eyes.

But Stacey's got a secret ...

And it's going to ruin everything.

  When I read the synopsis of this book, I was excited to read it. It sounded interesting, and just like my type of read. However when I read it, it was entirely not what I expected if I based it on the synopsis. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but this book just wasn't my cup of tea.

  Stacey wakes up naked one day in a stranger's bed, not knowing who the guy is or how she got there. A few days later, she finds out that she is pregnant with that guy's baby. Stacey is determined to keep the baby, so she works hard to prepare for the coming of the baby.

  What I hated the most about reading this book was how certain things were said over and over again, making me grit my teeth and roll my eyes every time they were mentioned again. I hated how whiny and full of complaints the main character is. Some of these are:
  • How Michael is perfect while Stacey is horrible because she's pregnant.
  • How things will never work out because Michael is in a band.
  • How she is just a dumb blonde.

  On the other hand, there were scenes which tugged on my heartstrings, or made me relate to the story, so I was able to get through with it. I think that there's nothing unique about this book - it was a 'meh' read.


Labels: , , , ,