Dress Up That Cover #25 - Fangirl

7:30 AM

  Dress Up That Cover is a new feature where I create an outfit based merely on the cover, not the story nor what the characters would wear. Colors of the outfit will all be taken from the cover design, so the books may be ones that I haven't read yet. All sets will be created via Polyvore.

  This week's featured book is Fangirl, which I'm not sure if I want to read or not because I have kind of a love-hate relationship with Rainbow Rowell. I love Eleanor and Park so, so much, but I hated Attachments with almost the same passion. So tell me if I should read this or not! :)


You Might Also Like

6 thoughts

  1. Well, is kind of hard to recommend this book to you because Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorites authors. I totally recommend it in my opinion. But think about this... I don't know how old you are, but when you were growing up from adolescence to young adult (?) did you have a series that you loved so so much that you actually were a geek in it. well that's actually the story about this girl. a lot of people compare it to themselves and hp (which I'm not a fan). i compare it to myself at that time with me and uni. I was having a rough time trying to comprehend what i was going to do with my life... this book made me feel that words are my life and that i should continue to inspire people with words (that's why i choose to do a mayor in english). fangirl is that precious to me. if you like my words and how the book make me feel, then you should read this book. if you are interested, but not so much... i dont recommend it for you. BTW love that outfit, it would look great for those twins. PS, I did DUTC mine yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Attachments, but I think Fangirl is a great book that you will enjoy. I was afraid I wouldn't like it, because I think the world of fandom can be hard to put into a book for "civilians" but it just captivated me. I think Cath was a character anyone who is a fan of anything can relate to. The only issue I see someone having with it is how it deals with anxiety-- I'm not sure how realistic those parts were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your "dress up" posts. It always fascinates me to see outfits, flower arrangements, etc., inspired by book covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the colors of this cover, so I LOVE the outfits! They're so fun and kind of remind me of the 80s and 90s, but with better colors!

    As for the book... I can't say, because I still haven't read it! Though I plan on it, since I own it. I was a little unsure of it, but I read some reviews that made me think that I'll like it, so fingers crossed! I hope that you like it if you decide to read it :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this feature, and Fangirl is not only one of my favorite books but favorite covers simply because I love the colors of it! Basically, I love the outfit!

    As for the book, I have to recommend it, because it's an obsession of mine, I can't see it and not recommend it! I loved it and I loved Attachments and Eleanor and Park, but I will say that Eleanor and Park is...deeper and more serious than Fangirl. Fangirl has great characters and writing but it's no Eleanor and Park, I honestly didn't realize till just know, but I definitely think Eleanor and Park is better. Still, it's more than worth the read, especially if you're a book nerd! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors of this cover, this look is so fun and matches it so well!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe