Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

8:00 AM


1. The Infernal Devices Series

 
 I feel like a lot of people will judge me for this. The reason that I haven't read this extremely hyped book is because I read The Mortal Instruments series back in the days and I hated it. I read the first 3 books and I finally had to stop because I was not enjoying it. However, according to many, the series is better, so I might have to give it a shot.


2. The Lunar Chronicles

  Despite my blog name, I haven't had the best of luck with Dystopian novels. I've always wanted to try this one out, but I never had the time to buy and read it. 


3. Brandon Sanderson Books

  Brandon Sanderson is hugely hyped among the fantasy community. Ever since I started wanting to read more fantasy books after trying out the Throne of Glass series, I had my eyes on Sanderson. In fact, I already have 2 books - The Way of Kings and Steelheart - on my shelf, waiting for me to finally have the time to read them.


4. Blue Bloods Series

  I know that this one is not that hyped anymore, but back in the days, it was really popular, alongside the Mortal Instruments series. I have the first 4 books on my shelf waiting for me to read as well.


5. Jandy Nelson Books

  Being a huge contemporary fan, you'd have expected me to read this one already, but I haven't yet. These two books have a lot of hype surrounding them, and I just hope that they're as good as people make them seem to be.


6. Emery Lord Books

  As I said above, huge contemporary fan. I heard so many good things about her books and I hope that they live up to my expectations.


7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

  I've read Eleanor & Park and I thought that it was incredibly cute. However, I just am not interested in the synopsis of this one. I still want to read it though, just for the sake of knowing whether or not it's as good as everyone says it is, though it's not at the top of my list or anything.

8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

  I've heard lots of amazing things about this book. In fact, I know that it's a favorite of many. I have it on my shelf and I've tried to read it multiple times already, but I never got past 100 pages. I'm hoping to finally read this either this year or the next.

9. Challenger Deep by Niel Schusterman

  I don't know whether or not I want to read this book, but all the hype is making me want to. I'm not particularly a fan of war novels, but I just want to know if it's as good as people say it is. I might give this one a try soon.

10. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

  This book is incredibly hyped because of the upcoming(?) movie, but I just didn't like the synopsis when I first read it. I might give this a try though since I love contemporary romance tear-jerkers.

You Might Also Like

11 thoughts

  1. Marissa Meyer is a must read for me. By the way, the Infernal Devices series is better. :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, give Me Before You by Jojo Moyes a try. It's really good. I don't know if I should try TID as well.. I got spoiled on City of Lost Souls about it.. Kinda ruined my reading moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! The only series I've read here is the Lunar Chronicles! It took a second go around with it, but I'm glad I did! I found them to be much more enjoyable after my so-so feelings over Cinder! Hope you get to read some of these soon and enjoy them!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list! I'd love to get around to reading TID, Lunar, Jandy Nelson and Emery Lord :)

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh yes I hated City of Bones as well but Infernal Devices is so much better, IMO! You defs need to get to The Book Thief. It's absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also include Me Before You on my list. But I haven't read a lot of the books on your list either. I recently read The Book Thief and thought I was the last person in the blogosphere to read it. And I will say, Brandon Sanderson is amazing. You should check him out if you get a chance.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently reading CHALLENGER DEEP and the jury is still out as to whether I like it or not. It is very confusing as he goes back and forth from reality to nonreality.
    I read YOU BEFORE ME and cried a lot.
    Definitely read BOOK THIEF is one of the best book ever written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    I love Way of Kings and Words of Radiance is even better. It's a good time to jump on board with these because the 3rd isn't yet out so really you're not far behind at all - 2 books - come on now, you know you want to....
    Lol
    Seriously, so far, two truly awesome books.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Book Thief! Hope you can get back into it one day!

    Check out my TTT post: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/top-10-tuesday-hyped-books-ive-never-read/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list! The only one I've read is The Book Thief and I really enjoyed it. Definitely planning on reading The Infernal Devices and The Lunar Chronicles at some point, and I actually own Fangirl just not had a chance to get around to it.

    Lauren @ myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok so I have read The Lunar Chronicles which are absolutely FANTASTIC (I highly recommend, I've 5*d all three books and am so ready for 'Winter' to come out this year) and 'The Book Thief' which is my favourite book of all time. I too am clueless about the rest of them but I want to read some Brandon Sanderson so badly!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    Also, please take the time to help me make my Blog better!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe