Waiting on Wednesday: Before We Were Strangers

2:59 PM



Release Date: August 18th, 2015


From the USA TODAY bestselling author of Sweet Thing and Nowhere But Here comes a love story about a Craigslist “missed connection” post that gives two people a second chance at love fifteen years after they were separated in New York City.

To the Green-eyed Lovebird:

We met fifteen years ago, almost to the day, when I moved my stuff into the NYU dorm room next to yours at Senior House.

You called us fast friends. I like to think it was more.

We lived on nothing but the excitement of finding ourselves through music (you were obsessed with Jeff Buckley), photography (I couldn’t stop taking pictures of you), hanging out in Washington Square Park, and all the weird things we did to make money. I learned more about myself that year than any other.

Yet, somehow, it all fell apart. We lost touch the summer after graduation when I went to South America to work for National Geographic. When I came back, you were gone. A part of me still wonders if I pushed you too hard after the wedding…

I didn’t see you again until a month ago. It was a Wednesday. You were rocking back on your heels, balancing on that thick yellow line that runs along the subway platform, waiting for the F train. I didn’t know it was you until it was too late, and then you were gone. Again. You said my name; I saw it on your lips. I tried to will the train to stop, just so I could say hello.

After seeing you, all of the youthful feelings and memories came flooding back to me, and now I’ve spent the better part of a month wondering what your life is like. I might be totally out of my mind, but would you like to get a drink with me and catch up on the last decade and a half. -M 

Don't you just love the way the synopsis was written? I know I do! :)

What books are you waiting for?

You Might Also Like

23 thoughts

  1. This book sounds really interesting. I just added it to my TBR. Thanks for stopping by my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness yes! this sounds excellent, Kim! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR, thanks for sharing.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... Not what I'm shipping right now, but I imagine it could be good. Hope you enjoy!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like my kind of read. I hope we both enjoy it once its released. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this kind of story! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this book looks like a wild story. Romantic too. My Wow focus on my favorite fictional detective and I'm excited. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I'm super excited for this one as well. I plan to start it next week. I can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so mesmerized by this book's synopsis! I remember coming across it a couple Waiting on Wednesday posts before! Glad you're interested in it too!

    Sherry@theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet story.....OMG, I HAVE to get this book and read it!! This is the type of novel that really touches the heart. Adding it on Goodreads right after I leave your blog!

    BTW, thanks so much for coming over and commenting on my WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! I haven't heard of this before! It sounds really good! Thank you for sharing it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is also on my TBR, can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by my blog today ;)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I am definitely looking forward to reading this one too. I love the cover!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I think this sounds very good. Thanks for putting it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I think this sounds very good. Thanks for putting it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this book a few weeks ago, and it looked and sounded amazing. It also sounds like one of those books that would make you ugly-cry. Hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pick this book looks and sounds really intriguing and interesting. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm excited for this one too! I love Renee Carlino! The synopsis sounds so good :D
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty cover! I hope you enjoy this when you finally get to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I also featured this on my previous WOW. I first saw this on Goodreads, and I really want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah, the blurb is amazing and very intriguing! thanks for sharing this and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really haven't been much into contemporary lately but this one sounds like it could be really good. Adding it to my list to check it out. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love stories like these -- where the universe is telling you what to do after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, I am intrigued! I do love a good love hate love story, haha. Great pick, thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe