Dewey's Readathon Round 2!


What is Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon? For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs, Twitters, Tumblrs, Goodreads and MORE about our reading, and visit other readers’ homes online. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.
  This is my tentative list of books from which I can choose from. If you've read any of these books and want to recommend which one I should read first, please leave a comment down below because I'm having a hard time choosing which books to read.

  The readathon starts at 8:00pm on April 23 here in the Philippines. I still plan on sleeping for maybe 4 hours or so, and the rest I would just read. This year, I think I'll go for 3 books, instead of the 2 last year. I'm always so lucky to be able to join during April because it's my term break, and I'm so, so excited!

My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

302/302 pages

How it Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes

358/358 pages

Wanderlost by Jen Malone

316/316 pages

The Season of You and Me by Robin Constantine

0/342 pages

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

0/275 pages



Hour 4:

I just finished reading My Heart and Other Black Holes, so I'm now checking on social media and mini-challenges. Ah, this feels so fulfilling! I told myself that I should probably write a review for the book while everything is still fresh in my mind, but meh. I loved the book and I just couldn't put thoughts into words, so I'm putting that one off and jumping onto my next book! :)


Hour 10:

I just finished reading How It Feels to Fly, which is a book that you won't realize how good it is until you close the book, at least for me. Anyway, I'm just going through social media again.
 

Hour 11:

Okay, it's 6am here, and I'm just so sleepy, but I'm trying to fight it off.


Hour 16:

I just woke up, so I'm going through social media againn. It's almost 12 noon here, so I'll get lunch afterwards and go back to reading.

Hour 22:

Three books down! I'm just gonna snack and then I might retire, or I might try to go halfway through The Sky is Everywhere before the readathon finishes. We'll see. But for now, I've already acheived my goal and I feel pretty awesome!

Labels: