Review: Spring 2016 Penguin Teen Sampler

7:30 AM




Title: Spring 2016 Penguin Teen Sampler

A few pages of each of the following books:
    • Salt to Sea by Ruta Sepetys (historical fiction)
    • The Dark Days Club by Allison Goodman (fantasy)
    • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (fantasy)
    • The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry (historical fiction)
    • Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke (contemporary romance)





Thank you Netgalley and Penguin Teen for granting me access to this sampler.

SALT TO THE SEA by RUTA SEPETYS
Gosh, I can't believe I've never payed attention to Sepetys' books before because I thought I was the kind of person who hated reading world war books. Well, turns out I just needed the right book to convince me, and based on what I have read so far, this might be it! Gah, I can't wait to buy her books and have a marathon! This was definitely a hit!

THE DARK DAYS CLUB by ALLISON GOODMAN
This was a 'meh' book for me. I don't have much to comment on, other than it didn't really leave an impression on me. The book may have become better, but based on the few pages that I read, this one's not for me. This one's a miss.

REBEL OF THE SANDS by ALWYN HAMILTON
When I started reading this book, I thought that I wouldn't like it. I was imagining the setting, and there just wasn't that click that I was looking for. Even when I was reading, I didn't feel particularly interested in reading the whole book. BUT! But then it was cut-off at just the right point, and now I'm interested in it and now I want to read the entire thing! This one's a hit!

THE PASSION OF DOLSSA by JULIE BERRY
Okay, so I tend to avoid books surrounding religion, so this one is not for me. When religion is in the background, that's fine. But in here, I think the main topic is religion, so I'm staying away from this one. This one's a miss.

WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by APRIL GENEVIEVE TUCHOLKE
I love books where the characters are neighbors, but I just didn't get what I read so far from this one. I'm not sure if there is just one narrator or if there are two. Maybe I was just not fully concentrating, but I was really confused as to what was happening. This one's a miss too.

3 stars


You Might Also Like

3 thoughts

  1. This is really cool. I met most of the authors at the Penguin Tour.
    Leydy @ OUAT

    P.S
    Enter these cool giveaways!
    JOY Blu-ray | Dirtiest Secret | Will You Won't You Want Me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Wink Poppy Midnight is a little confusing. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Salt to the Sea. It's one I've been interested in checking out.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe