Waiting on Wednesday

5:41 PM




The Problem with Forever by JLA
Release date: May 17th by Harlequin Teen
For some people, silence is a weapon. For Mallory “Mouse” Dodge, it’s a shield. Growing up, she learned that the best way to survive was to say nothing. And even though it’s been four years since her nightmare ended, she’s beginning to worry that the fear that holds her back will last a lifetime.

Now, after years of homeschooling with loving adoptive parents, Mallory must face a new milestone—spending her senior year at public high school. But of all the terrifying and exhilarating scenarios she’s imagined, there’s one she never dreamed of—that she’d run into Rider Stark, the friend and protector she hasn’t seen since childhood, on her very first day.

It doesn’t take long for Mallory to realize that the connection she shared with Rider never really faded. Yet the deeper their bond grows, the more it becomes apparent that she’s not the only one grappling with the lingering scars from the past. And as she watches Rider’s life spiral out of control, Mallory faces a choice between staying silent and speaking out—for the people she loves, the life she wants, and the truths that need to be heard.
Well, we all know how amazing Jennifer L. Armentrout is, so there's no need for more of a reason to wait for this!



Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
May 24th by G.P. Putnam's Sons
San Francisco, 1906: Fifteen-year-old Mercy Wong is determined to break from the poverty in Chinatown, and an education at St. Clare’s School for Girls is her best hope. Although St. Clare’s is off-limits to all but the wealthiest white girls, Mercy gains admittance through a mix of cunning and a little bribery, only to discover that getting in was the easiest part. Not to be undone by a bunch of spoiled heiresses, Mercy stands strong—until disaster strikes.

On April 18, an historic earthquake rocks San Francisco, destroying Mercy’s home and school. With martial law in effect, she is forced to wait with her classmates for their families in a temporary park encampment. Mercy can't sit by while they wait for the Army to bring help. Fires might rage, and the city may be in shambles, yet Mercy still has the 'bossy' cheeks that mark her as someone who gets things done. But what can one teenaged girl do to heal so many suffering in her broken city?
Diversity is hard to find in novels, but Stacey Lee always manages to nail it. Also, I am Chinese living in another country as well, so I'm really interested in what this novel has to offer.



You Might Also Like

17 thoughts

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing a lot of the first one! Contemps really aren't my kind of read but I still love Jennifer's books! Hope you enjoy both of these once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a true fan of Armentrout yet, but I've read her Lux series. I'll have to check out some of her other books. Nice picks!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHE we have one in common and I actually read it and enjoyed it. Come check out with one ;)

    Check our wow

    Leydy @ OUAT

    P.S
    Enter this fandom giveaway!
    FANDOM COLLIDE

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Problem with Forever looks amazing! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love all things JLA, so that one is high on my TBR list. The second one looks good as well! Great picks!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outrun the Moon sounds amazing. I don't believe I have ever come across a book that takes place during that famous earthquake and the fact the protagonist isn't typical makes this sound even more appealing. Really cool pick and new to me so yay!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. uuugggghhhhhh JLA books are so incredible! I can't wait for this one either!!!!!!!!!!!! Outrun The Moon sounds amaze-balls and that cover is ...wow... Thanks for sharing! Adding to my tbr list!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just added both of these to my tbr today. What a coincidence. :) Great picks!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these look fantastic but I can't wait for Outrun the Moon! I love both of these covers and I will be adding these to my TBR pile. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these books sound really interesting! Thanks so much for spotlighting them today!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10708”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had my eye on both of these and I love the covers!! I really hope we get something great from JLA in this one

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am interested in reading The Problem with Forever! Not too long again. I hope you enjoy these books when you get to read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Problem with Forever sounds GREAT :) Def adding that to my list!

    Happy Reading!
    My Waiting on Wednesday
    Peyton @A Bookish Mess

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have two AWESOME picks this week!! I've been seeing "The Problem with Forever" quite a bit on other blogs. Well, anything by Armentrout has GOT to be great, right? As for "Outrun the Moon", the plot is just AMAZING! It's also very original. I love the idea of a teen girl being a hero in the San Francisco quake. Having her be Chinese is definitely a plus! Both of these are going on my Goodreads shelves. Thanks for featuring them!!

    Thanks as well for commenting on my WOW earlier!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so far behind in my JLA books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh awesome picks Kim I am also waiting for The Problem with Forever by JLA I will read anything by JLA! haha lol :D Thank you for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe