Mini Review: Through the Ever Night



Title: Through the Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #2
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Dystopia
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date:  January 8th 2013
Pages: 341
My Rating: 4 Stars
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, can their love survive through the ever night?

  It is without a doubt that Through the Ever Night is an amazingly written book with a really great plot, but compared the the first book, I felt like this book fell flat. Whereas the first book was more engaging and "energetic," I felt like this one was just telling a story. I didn't feel as connected to the characters as I did in the first book, and I felt harder to emphatize with them in this book. 

  However, disregarding the comparison with the first book, I truly did enjoy this story. It's still the same book that got me hooked and it was hard to put the book down. I am really excited to continue on with the journey of our characters, and I am really glad that I already own a copy of the next book! 


nice stars


Labels: , , , ,