Waiting on Wednesday

11:25 AM



Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.


Review of Losing It


--------------------------


Emma Swan's life has been anything but a fairy tale. She's been on her own since she was abandoned as a baby--that is, until the night of her twenty-eighth birthday, when Henry, a ten-year-old boy, shows up on her doorstep. He's the son Emma gave up for adoption, and this surprise visit turns her life upside down.
Henry takes Emma back to his home in Storybrooke, Maine, where, Henry claims, all the residents are actually fairy tale characters who can't remember their true identities. And if Henry's right, that means that his sweet-natured, lonely schoolteacher Mary Margaret Blanchard is really Snow White, the iconic princess ... and also Emma's long-lost mother.
In Fairy Tale Land, we meet Snow White as a bandit on the run, forced into exile by her stepmother, the Evil Queen. Snow's a young woman learning to become a hero, who will do anything to live happily ever after with her one true love, Prince Charming.
The closer Emma comes to Henry in Storybrooke, the harder it is for her to ignore the dark curse that haunts this small New England town and binds her to Mary Margaret. If Emma can learn to accept her destiny as Storybrooke's savior and break the curse, she just might get the family reunion she's dreamed about her entire life.

Leave your links and check this out :)

You Might Also Like

43 thoughts

  1. Faking it sounds freaking amazing! It sounds right up my alley! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    My WOW Post
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fairy-tale retelling sound interesting, thanks for sharing that! And Faking It -- heck yeah. I haven't read Losing It yet, but I heard only good and I'm just itching to find the time to sit down AND enjoy it.
    My WoW, and there's also a 100 Followers Giveaway runnung on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about Faking It! I loved the first book.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting choices. I really hope you get these books soon. Been hearing good things about Cara Cormack.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faking It sounds so so good! I can't wait to pick it up and see what you thought of it!

    Happy Reading!
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-29-reboot-by-amy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo Faking It looks fun!!! King of like that movie with Debra Messing (what was it called - The Wedding Date?) And it looks to be a companion to Losing It which is good in case I read one before the other. Great pick!!

    my WoW @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pick! I really want to read Faking It.

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm interested in Faking It. I'm not sure how much though. Definitely looks appealing! I hope you love it when you read it!
    <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Losing It last week, it was really good. Can't wait for this one too... Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faking It! <3 I haven't read Losing It yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it.

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW post! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't realised the tv show had novels. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooooo excited for that Once Upon a Time book! OuaT is my favorite show right now, the book can't come out soon enough, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh both of those sound so good! I'm going to add them both to Goodreads right now! Check out my WoW here: http://booksetceterablog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/waiting-on-wednesday-someday-someday-maybe-by-lauren-graham/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Losing It sitting unread on my Nook. Maybe I should change that! Nice pick. But wait. Is that a Once Upon A Time book?! I love that show! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read the first book in the series and well it was okay but this one sounds a lot more exciting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited for Faking It! I can't wait to read it. The second book I haven't heard of but sounds really interesting.
    Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVED Losing it so i'm super excited to read Faking it too!! I stopped watching OUAT a while ago but i really wanna read this book, it might catch me up ;) Thanks for stopping by the blog. Also for the rating system just email me here: lizzy9rule@gmail.com and i'll get to it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't read Losing It .. But I'm itching to get my hands on that book - and the sequel as well :-)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Zenia @ The Obsessive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Faking It" sounds so cute. I haven't watched "Once Upon a TIme" but I keep hearing good things about it- I'll have to check out the books. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once look good. OUAT is one of my favorite series :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Once upon a time is something I really love. So I can't wait! :)
    PS. I like the sound of your new memes but right now I have too much too study and all my posts are already written. So I hope I'll join soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Faking it sounds cute :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh nice!! I use to LOVE reading media-tie in series on my fave tv shows, but since my TBR pile has grown to epic proportions, I've had to eliminate those types of reads.

    Hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. YES! I'm eagerly waiting for this one too! I loved Cade and felt so bad for him in Losing It. Great pick!


    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait for Faking It! Losing It was such a fast, fun read. I'm excited to hear about Cade next!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting picks this week. Thanks for sharing. Also I am definitely considering taking part in those memes. Thanks for visiting my Wow this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Huh, that's interesting - I didn't know they were making a book version of Once Upon A Time. I don't watch the show, but I hear good things from people who do!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so excited about the Once Upon A Time books, I love that show! :)
    Cricket@Little Library Muse

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Awesome choices! I hadn't heard of either one before now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I read and loved Losing it, so Fakit it is great book I am looking forward to, I hope it will be also funny. :)
    And I didn't know there are books based on Once upon a time series.
    Great picks!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just recently added Faking It to my TBR pile after seeing it last week!! I am also awaiting for this book :)Thanks for stopping by.

    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like how the covers for the Losing it series follow the same "idea". I'm not saying i like the covers but i do like the unity :P Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I still really need to read Losing It, but I've heard so much about it and I can't wait! Hopefully I'll get to it soon. I love the cover of Faking It :D
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hehe...great minds think alike. Also, I LOVE Once Upon a Time. I'm behind on the show, but I'm planning a marathon soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Faking It sounds really good! I have been eyeing the Once Upon a Time book, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get it yet. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love Once Upon a Time - it's such a great show! Faking It sounds really good, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't know how you cover up piercings, tattoos, and dyed hair! I'm thinking turtlenecks, heavy make-up, and an enormous hat.

    Thanks for visiting!
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really want Faking It too! I've yet to read Losing It but I think I almost like the concept of Faking It better. I hope by the end of it she'll own up to her lifestyle! Piercings and tats are nothing to be ashamed of.
    Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to get back to you :/

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've heard great things about Losing It but I haven't read it yet. I didn't even know that Once had a book coming out until I saw it on a few of this week's WoW posts.
    I agree with the others none of that is stuff to be ashamed of, even at the risk of making her parents mad.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am SO excited for Faking It! I finished Losing It this week and I just can't wait to get my hands on the next one! :D
    Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great picks ;) Hope you enjoy them. <3 I do love the Once Upon a Time show :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  42. FAKING IT sounds awesome! I'll have to look into Cora Carmack's books!

    Love,
    Ava
    http://www.whyavareads.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh this sounds like a fun read. Something that will have me LOL. My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thanks for taking your time to read through my post and comment on this blog. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, though I might not respond immediately to them. Also, if you're commenting on a meme, I would prefer replying on your meme post rather than here on my blog. :)

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook

Photobucket


Blog Anniversary

Subscribe