Top Ten Authors on Auto-Buy + Extra


 

  The only authors that I would put on auto-buy no matter what the genre that would guarantee a great read are 2 authors. They're Katie McGarry and Rick Riordan. I'll also put some others who'll make me want to check out their new releases, though I'm not assured of a great read. Also, to make up for that, I decided to put an extra topic from an old TTT post. Top Ten Books That Made Me Think.

1. Katie McGarry 

    From the moment I read Pushing the Limits, I knew this author was great. But when I got to Dare You To, I swore that I would buy anything she writes, no matter what genre, and I know I'd still be guaranteed of an amazing read.

2. Rick Riordan

    Percy Jackson, The Red Pyramid, The 39 Clues.. You gotta love this author! I know he only writes about mythology now, and he's really good at it, but if he were to write in another genre, I think it'll be worth a shot. :)

3. Suzanne Collins

    Though I wouldn't consider her included in my auto-buy list, she did a real amazing job with The Hunger Games. If only the last book were different, she might be with Rick and Katie up there..

4. Veronica Roth

    Divergent, hands down, is one of the greatest book I've ever read. But if it's one of the greatest book I've read, why is she not on my auto-buy list? Well, you can't really judge one's writing in only one book, so I'm waiting to read Insurgent to see if she moves up. :)

5. LJ Smith

    The Secret Circle, The Vampire Diaries and The Night World. Read all three, loved all three. But the thing is, I didn't really love The Forbidden Game and Dark Secret.. But if a new book comes out, I'd be sure to check it out.

 Top Ten Books that Made Me Think

1. Thirteen Reasons Why

     This one really made me think of what my actions can do to others. I learned so much from this book, and it was great! I learned that our actions, no matter how small or big, can affect those around us. Made me think of the things I did in the past...

2. Pushing the Limits & Dare You To

      Made me think that there were others out there facing these kinds of problems - that I wasn't completely alone. That comfort isn't something that can only be found in humans, but also in books.

3. The Chinese Cinderella

     I don't remember much of this book cause I read this almost 5 years ago, but I remember it made me think. Think of how lucky I was, though I dont always cherish/appreciate it. Made me think of the things that I took for granted.

4. The Greatest Miracle in the World

     Made me think that we are all miracles. That God created us all with our own unique talent and capabilities, and each one of us is special and has a purpose. Made me optimistic. :)

5. Harry Potter

     Made me think of that fantasy I think we all have inside of us, and reminded me that all of us has a dream, and we have the right to, cause we can. :)

Labels: